News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

ORIGINAL UNTOUCHED1929 5 PASS SEDAN (Incorrectly identified as 1928 ...........)

Started by Carl Fielding, May 04, 2017, 03:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Fielding

On AACA Buy/Sell. I have spent 2 hours speaking with the seller. Nice guy , very good deal , as there is no cancer rust. Interior is astonishing , and is the value for a driver ,HPOF , or value for a plater/painter. I would clean it up and make it long distance road ready. Might re-chrome the radiator shell , possibly bumpers too. Extra bumpers , but don't know condition . Maybe better ? I have more pics , call Darrell ,  the owner. If you like you may also call me , as I have info. I am not the owner , and have absolutely no financial position whatsoever in the sale.  - Carl   408-621-8261

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/292241-1928-Cadillac-431-4-dr-imperial-cab-sedan/

The Tassie Devil(le)

Looks like it might be sold, as the Craigs' Listing says it has been withdrawn from sale.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

TMoore - NTCLC

Wow - that is a lot of car for the money.  Reading the AACA forum, it appears it might still be available.  I am with Carl - would really enjoy seeing this car driving on tour just as it is, but I would cry as I slowly wore out that interior.

I have actually spent some time getting a 1925 running and driving - piloting one of these cars down the road is an experience all its own.

Carl Fielding

Yes , indeed the Cad is still for sale. If you go through the AACA site , you will see. If you spend quite a bit of time on AACA , you will have a little feeling for the personalities involved. Of course , Matt Harwood is a wonderful CLC member from Ohio , there may be other CLC participation. Join in !

TMoore , yes driving '20s cars gives astonishing rewards as one refines technique. I have put thousands of miles on each of my old Cadillacs (1924&1927). The uses of hand throttle , and ignition timing can add to the experience. For the purist , double clutching '20s cars gives you bragging rights. The only '20s cars with synchromesh would be these 1929 Cadillacs. Fortunately 1st is non-synchro , and in my old Cads I particularly enjoy a fast butter smooth 3 - 1 double clutched downshift when necessary. I always recommend when teaching new drivers of my cars (I love sharing the experience as some here may testify) , that the best way to become coordinated in the fine art of the double clutch , is to routinely do so on a full synchro trans.

This '29 is an astonishing find , due to the lack of significant rust , and of course the mind boggling condition and completeness of the interior. After a thorough proper cleaning and detailing the lucky driver/passengers would have a real time machine experience as the miles and hours accumulate . Luxuriating in the cozy comfort of these ancient elegant sedans is mesmerizing .

In looking for closed 1920s Cadillacs for over 1/4 century , this '29 seems to be the second best deal I have come across. I moved quickly after a 20+ year search turned up my '27. '29s are regarded as more valuable. The condition of the wood framing is critical on these cars. Much is revealed by the fit and function of all the 4 doors. Any sagging needs further deep evaluation. My doors close like the proverbial bank vault , still after 90 years ! If you have been drawn to one of these Cads , seriously consider this one. Read all the comments on AACA , give Darrell a call and pull the trigger. Put a little respectful bonus in the deal for Darrell , and live the Roaring 20s ! Just think : you can always sell a car for less than you have in it. If you buy right , that will add up to very cheap thrills ! I welcome all calls , and particularly would love to talk to TMoore about his '25.    - Carl   408-621-8261

Carl Fielding

Someone buy this great survivor. If you have never driven such a Cadillac , you will enjoy putting many miles on this one more than you can imagine. Please check back to AACA as per above. More testimonials , and further logic from a guy who has driven a Roaring '20s sedan quite a bit.  -Carl

Carl Fielding

Darrell tells me the doors are solid. I have 20 pics I can send to anyone who is inrerested.  - Carl

gary griffin

Carl, if the pictures are in an email I would appreciate a chance to review them. I talked to Darrell yesterday and this car intrigues me. I have been analyzing  my garage space and have not figured out how to make it suitable yet but I have a couple of cars for sale and should have room when they are gone. 
garygriffin@Q.com
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver