News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Wanted: Early 1949 331 Cadillac engine or short block and parts

Started by mrphosphate, May 06, 2017, 06:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrphosphate

Hey guys looking for a early 1949 331 Cadillac engine or a complete short block or block core. My block is a 52 with all the early 49 accessories on it. It actually has two dipsticks on it lol. Wanted to find the correct early block at least. But I'm down with a whole engine if that's all I can find. Also looking for a left side exhaust manifold, single groove pulleys and a fan assembly.

Thanks
A. Shields

derek.petersen

I'm restoring a 1950 and adding ac so need the dual groove, if you have it we could swap. also bought a bunch of 52 parts. what year is you caddy? bunch of chrome, misc parts. let me know what else you might need

Derek
Derek
1950 Barn Caddy

mrphosphate

Mine is a 1949 62 series. If I find good dual pulleys we can swap! let me ask around

Ken Perry

I might be willing to sell the engine out of my 49 Cad series 61 4 door. It's seized, but complete down to the air cleaner. Don't know what early 49 means ? But it's a 49. I'm in Bakesfield Ca. Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

mrphosphate

Can I give you a call Ken? Text me if you want 440-258-3009

piperman

have a 1949 331 block for free with the proper numbers stamped on deck. com out of my series 75.  also have a complete 1952 engine with heads  for $100. May also have a rebuilt 1952 engine with trany. if I do a power plant up grade on my 1949  located in wisconsin
D John Anderson

FRANKS

ADAM,  I HAVE 6069X ENGINE & TRAN ON MY FLOOR IN STOCKTON, CA.  I  PURCHASED A COMPLETE FRONT FAN TO GAS TAKE REBUILD, HAVE INSTALL  IN MY FLEETWOOD 6069X.  IF INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND  MESSAGE TO MY CELL 925 -595-8737.  DON'T HAVE A PRICE IN MIND SO IF INTERESTED, LET ME KNOW ANS WE CAN WORK IT OUT.  I AM IN NEED IN THE  CURVED FRONT GLASS WINDSHELD.

FRANK STAGNITTO, CLC #13539

mrphosphate

49caddyman

I have one pair of the early 1949 valve covers in excellent condition.  These are correct for the early engine, with the 2-bolt mounting arrangement.  If You can use these please contact me. I also have ONE of the elusive spark plug wire metal conduits that go with the early 2-bolt valve cover.  Thanks. Joe Cutler  508-476-3490  or email:  49caddymanemail addresses not permitted

mrphosphate

Thanks Joe, I already have a nice set. I'm mostly looking for a good running 49 engine now. The motor I have isn't in as nice of shape as it was supposed to be.

piperman

repowering my 1949 have a running 331 with transmission $700
D John Anderson

mrphosphate

Ken Perry

Cadillac Ken

piperman

D John Anderson