News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1968 Cadillac Eldorado for Restoration

Started by JRNasiatka, August 19, 2022, 07:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRNasiatka

Up for sale is my 1968 Eldorado. It features a 472 V8 with the 4 barrel carburetor and a Turbo-Hydramatic 325 3-speed automatic transmission with front wheel drive.

Background: I purchased the car around 1982 and as far as I know I'm the 2nd owner. it has 120,000 miles on it. The engine and transmission were rebuilt in the early 1990's and have about 20k miles on them.

Condition: The vehicle was mothballed in the late 1990's and has been under a cover ever since. The body is sound, but has a lot of surface rust on it. It would make for a great restoration project.

Body: The frame is sound and the body panels are all pretty solid. The vinyl top is trashed and there's a bunch of surface rust. All the chrome/trim is in good shape and the fragile parking and tail lights are all perfect. Hubcaps are original and in good shape as well.

Interior: The interior is in good shape - door panels and dashboard are fine, but the wood veneer paneling needs replacement. The leather seats are in good shape as is the carpeting/headliner. All the electirical stuff was working when it was mothballed (power windows etc...)

Engine: It has it's original motor and transmission. They were rebuilt in the early 1990's and have about 20k miles on them. It was running fine when I put it up, but have not started it since. The engine will rotate by hand and is not seized up. Master cylinder and all 4 calipers were also rebuilt around the time the engine was done. I have my notes/documents and receipts from then.

The vehicle is located in the suburbs of Chicago. Buyer will need to arrange for shipping.

Asking $7500 OBO

https://specialty.autotrader.com/seller_portal/seller_vehicles/view/101726732
https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/d/northbrook-1968-cadillac-eldorado-for/7515321455.html