News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1962 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz convertible

Started by D.Smith, May 19, 2017, 06:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Smith

NOT MY CAR. Just a Lead.

1962 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz convertible $35000 (Goffstown)

https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/6136525056.html

62 Biarritz convertible, 50k miles on body, numbers matching 390 engine fully rebuilt, 4 speed auto trans shifts good, new carpet, new motor for the power top, no rot or accident damage, very clean and straight. Needs some power window work, rear window, and seats cleaned. Only 1450 built in 62, even fewer had a/c.    

Email: vgqt5-6136525056@sale.craigslist.org

Call or Text:  (603) 860-1365

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I noticed the staples in the data plate. Something was special ordered on the car but I cannot say what it is.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Walter Youshock

Looks like cloth insert in the front seat...
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

TMoore - NTCLC

Agree - you are not going to see many convertibles with cloth seat inserts.

It can't be that because trim code is shown as 14.

The slightest deviation from code 14 spec would have triggered SO - Trim code would be S0XXXX (SO + body number).

There were cases of Special Order cars that were not SO designated (pardon the pun).

In such instances, it was usually something different on the exterior. I cannot determine what the reason is here. 

V63

Not that either.

98 is the body color, 05 is the paint code of the Eldorado side trim insert.

The insert color was an ordered item on a 1962 EBZ.

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

The trim tag : Paint 98-5, Top 6, indicates Bronze (special Eldorado) paint and insert color with Sandalwood top.  I agree with Eric that the staples are a tell for an SO tag. From the limited images in the pics, it’s difficult to determine the exact interior trim.. The body tag indicates Sandalwood leather interior which would have a medium/darker tan dash and carpets. The pics look more like white leather with standard black accents which would be trim code 10.. If what looks like white leather is actually Sandalwood, the black accents would the SO feature.
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

To my eyes the interior appears consistent with a 10 Code interior: White leather, white lower dash, white steering wheel with black grips, carpet and dash pad.

The interior code on this car is 14 - Sandalwood. Nothing on this interior is Sandalwood. Top 6 is Sandalwood - this top is white.

Is it possible the interior & top got changed after Sandalwood was originally installed while still in factory hands?

Remember Nadeem Kahn's '61 Eldorado XP was also originally built a completed stock '61 Eldorado before it was altered - which was also happened to be Bronze w/ White roof. Coincidence?  ???

D.Smith

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on May 19, 2017, 11:35:33 AM
It can't be that because trim code is shown as 14.

The slightest deviation from code 14 spec would have triggered SO - Trim code would be S0XXXX (SO + body number).

There were cases of Special Order cars that were not SO designated (pardon the pun).

In such instances, it was usually something different on the exterior. I cannot determine what the reason is here.

I agree with Eric.   I don't see any deviations from stock that would indicate a SO addendum.   As stated, a special order interior would have had a  "S01218" TRIM number.

The stapled on tag could have been for special instructions.   Special VIP handling perhaps.

D.Smith

Here is an example of a 1961 with a SO interior.  Note the body number in place of the trim number. 

Well it looks like this one will have to remain a mystery - at least for the time being.

Bill Young

Perhaps the cars interior trim was damaged and subsequently replaced sometime earlier in it's life? , Just a thought.

Bill Young

Another thought. I owned a 1961 Series 62 Convertible that was White , White top and Red and White interior. The Body Tag stated a code for all red interior however there was NO indication anywhere that the trim was not original to the car. It was explained to me that if a customer changed his mind and the Body was not completed yet that Cadillac would alter the order even if the Body Tag was already made for it.

Bill Young

Mike Baillargeon #15848

I thought trim code 14 was Concord Blue leather.

That would be an odd color interior with the bronze body.

Maybe that was the SO interior change............changing the interior to a more pleasing Sandalwood or White.

Mike    #15848
Mike
Baillargeon

All we can say at this point is that we have staples and we have a top and interior which do not agree with the codes on the plate.

Whether the original order have been altered while still at the factory is the $64,000 question.

D.Smith

Quote from: Mike Baillargeon  #15848 on July 06, 2017, 12:29:57 PM
I thought trim code 14 was Concord Blue leather.
Mike    #15848

No,  13 is Concord Blue. 

14  is Sandalwood.