News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Jacking tab for a 1967 Eldorado, left front?

Started by 67_Eldo, June 13, 2017, 10:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67_Eldo

One of the many things I learned when my disc brake caliper came loose last Friday was that, at some point in the distant past, a body-repair minion didn't put the "jacking tab" (proper term?) back on the left-front corner of the car after it apparently suffered a minor fender bender.

In the process of trying to figure out why my properly working bumper jack kept slipping off the front bumper, I cracked my left-front turn-signal lens. And I never achieved lift off. Then I looked at the owner's manual and saw the problem.

The other three corners of the car have this "tab" in place. But there is no tab where I really needed a tab!

I've attached the illustration from the owner's manual.

Does anyone know the official name of this part? Where can I find one?

Thanks!

Glen

The master parts manual calls it a plate.  See picture. 
149 1231 is the part number (7.836) is the group number.
They are the same left and right.  Rear is a different part number. 
Numbers are good for 67 - 70 Eldorado. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

67_Eldo

Thanks!

I'll just use the right-side plate as a template to make a left-side plate … unless I can pick one up at my local Cadillac dealer's parts department. :-)