News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

White wall tires for 2008 DTS ?

Started by NORTHPORTGUY, May 25, 2017, 01:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NORTHPORTGUY

I am in need of replacement for the above Cadillac  it is equipped with 235/35-17 tires.  i'd love to have a white wall replacements   seems so far two expensive choices: Vogue  or Coker item 6880832 sold through Summit racing   Both in the $285 per price range.  Any of you fine chaps know of other vendors offering whitewalls for my car?  Can any offer comments on their experiences with either the Vogues or the Coker tires for my relatively modern car??  Thanks

Ken Wiebke

Greg Powers

Your only other option would be to check with Diamondback and see if they could produce something that you would want. The only issue might be the sidewall profile (Not much space there to work with). Unfortunately white wall tires have fallen from fashion and they are becoming very hard to find even in the "old-school" 15 inch sizes.  Best of luck - Greg   
G.L. Powers>1954 Series 62 Sedan/1958 Fleetwood 60 Special-sold/1963 Series 62 Convertible-sold/1970 Fleetwood Brougham-sold/1994 Fleetwood Brougham/1971 Sedan Deville-sold/2000 Deville-sold/2001 DTS-sold/1976 Eldorado Convertible-sold/1983 Coupe Deville-sold/1990 Allante-sold/1990 and 1991 Brougham deElegance-sold/1992 Brougham-sold/Always looking!

smokuspollutus

From what I understand, Vogue is now an "imported" (Chinese) product. It seems like all of the stuff they've made in the past few years ends up loosing the black near the yellow and white stripes making it look like you've hit a curb and scraped the tire. The "tyres" on my 1984 car are Vogue (purchased 2015) and are doing this, as are many people's cars in my local club with newer Vogues. Just an FYI before you buy, I regret it. I wanted a whitewall from a well-known manufacturer that wasn't pencil thin and went Vogue because of it. I would have expected this out of a $80 tire and had I known I would have went that route and saved a lot of money.

Carl Fielding

Is 235/35-17 a typo ?  tires-easy.com does not have any tire that size. They access most sources , so I am assuming a different size ? Coker are considered show tires only , so you better shop somewhere else if you drive your car. Also , reports suggest frequent cleaning to inhibit "brownwall" creep. Please double check your tire size , and if different from 235/35-17 , go to tires-easy.com. Let us know how you make out.  - Carl

76eldo

Mine has the Pin White Vogues.

Discontinued and no longer available.  A wider white would look odd in my opinion.  This is just enough.

I had Michelin's on my Eldo but I don't know if they make these any more.  They were 16's.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

NORTHPORTGUY

i currently have pin wall Vogues on my car and I like them  but they're close to finished    I called Vogue and a chap there confirmed they are now made in China adding  previously (4-5 years ago)  Goodrich (maybe Goodyear) stopped production.   On the side of my tires it states 235/55R17    .  I spoke to Coker who advised they have these but none available until July.  they were made for the Ford Thunderbird's modern iteration and are completely suitable for modern application being made in Pennsylvania   these are also sold by Summit racing and during an internet  chat there their rep recommended against using them.    i had the feeling though that he was not understanding what tire i was asking about even though I made it very clear.  The 1 3/4 inch wide white may look odd but I'm sort of going for that....

V63

There are individuals that grind a white wall into ANY tire, even in different colors. I have done it numerous times. Example below Eldorado brougham, RR and DTS. The guy that does this in Phoenix AZ is 'Ron'. The finished product is a great option vs black wall tires. Cost for the RR was $160 for 4 .

My complaint with newer black wall tires is all the busy 'graphics' on the side??? Terrible!

NORTHPORTGUY

Thanks you for that info/input,      I knew Diamond back did that but assumed the price would be too high  (even w these Cokers at $300 ish each).  I'd be grateful if you'd give me Ron's contact details.

it's a great suggestion.

Ken Wiebke