News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

CAR SHOW TODAY SHIREY CADILLAC OAK LAWN IL

Started by PhantomCaddy, May 27, 2017, 08:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCaddy

arch62

GBrown #8092

Hope you made it. If not FYI for next year, Yes

arnold007

Love this show so much! I hope this year it will not be cancelled! My friend just got an old Cadillac which I saw at the show. It is so awesome it is in perfect shape. Apparently, it was never purchased since the 60s and It was forgotten and unaccounted for more than half a century now and was found in an old warehouse in Detroit. Seems that it was sitting there since the time it was made! Driving it was so much pleasure for me, the comfort of this car was unexpected! I really wanted to see some other old Cadillacs on the show. Does anyone know if they allow you to drive them? I know on one show they did allow you to drive the old and really the best garden tractor they had. But that was agricultural though....

GBrown #8092

The dealership has been sold.  Current status of the show is up in the air.  I understand that the Region has initiated discussions with teh new owners.

Glenn

follyfonda

Let's hope we  can all get our kids and enjoy the show without restrictions and further cancellations. I just got a BMW M3 few days ago and it has a lot of work to be done, but it's a classic one and after remaking it how I want it will look awesome. I avoid taking classic cars and restoring them myself as I know it's a form of art that only mechanics that specialize in them can touch them. Moreover, I don't see the point of such rarities to on the street and not part of a classic car collection that everyone can admire for a very small fee. I had the chance of visiting a great museum of cars that was open even during lockdown due to the great safety measures they have in place. I even had the chance to drive a classic car which is a unique experience.