News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1929 CADILLAC PHAETON FOR SALE -- SOLD

Started by Laxmom51, June 03, 2017, 01:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laxmom51

1929 Cadillac Phaeton 341B V-8, four-door, four-passenger, dual windshield Phaeton. Authentic period autumn colors of creamy yellow and beige body with dark brown fenders with brown leather interior.

Includes the following features: Synchro-mesh transmission, Security-Plate safety glass, electric windshield wipers, adjustable driver’s seat back,  fabric-covered trunk and luggage rack.

Factory-offered options include authentic (not reproduction) Herald radiator mascot, Standard (one lamp) Pilot Ray light, six wire wheels, dual fender-mounted spare tires with mirrors, front side wings, Tonneau windshield for the backseat passengers.

Also included are side curtains, seat belts, electric fuel pump, original Buffalo wheel hubcap wrench, original wheel retaining nut wrench, service manual, restoration and historical notes, and many hard-to-find spare parts.

A rare find which has been beautifully restored. CCCA Grand Nationals award-winning car. A pleasure to drive. Same family owned since 1959. $110,000. Call 860-989-0343

jagbuxx #12944

Where is car located? How is it geared? Will it be comfortable on the highway?
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Carl Fielding

Buy it , Frank. CLC member Matt Harwood put an O.D. in his '29. From his experience , he recommends the Gear Vendors unit. Contact him for details. Treat yourself to this magnificent Cadillac. You deserve it !  - Carl

P.S. I see 860 area code. That is Connecticut.

Laxmom51

The car is in central Connecticut. The ratio of the rear end is 5.08. It's been on lots of 4-lane highways but seldom driven over 50 mph.

31caddy

Quote from: Carl Fielding on June 03, 2017, 09:52:47 PM
Buy it , Frank. CLC member Matt Harwood put an O.D. in his '29. From his experience , he recommends the Gear Vendors unit. Contact him for details. Treat yourself to this magnificent Cadillac. You deserve it !  - Carl

P.S. I see 860 area code. That is Connecticut.

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/261740-installation-of-a-gear-vendors-overdrive-into-a-1931-cadillac/#comment-1402891
R. Rowland CLC #28971

1931 Model 355A Sedan (Recently sold)
1931 Model 355A Fleetwood 4535 Convertible Coupe
2005 Cadillac XLR

jagbuxx #12944

Thank you laxmom for the update.
I had previously contacted and expressed interest in this other '29 that was for sale in Northern Cal,(I'm in SoCal). Driving freeways, albeit a minimal amount of the time is something that is important. I am not interested in a trailer queen so being able to drive the car is important. I had researched the overdrive option as I was contemplating the other '29 but $$ is $$. to stretch  and spend $60'ish for that other 29'plus $4k? More for the overdrive kind of held me off. Then I came across the '75 Fleetwood with 17k miles, so that one came home. Still want something classic to add to the garage...
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.