News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

79-85 Eldorado, right side blue vinyl sun visor

Started by GBrown #8092, June 07, 2017, 06:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBrown #8092

Only need the right side.  Don't need the vanity mirror, (or the pivot- I can send you mine as I;m not sure they can be removed without recreating the flopping problem I already have.)
Anyone have one in their parts stash?

(Found a beige cloth one, but upholstery shop says recovering one is prohibitively expensive, as they require a special machine to sew through its hard plastic base.)

Glenn

V63

Buy a micro magnet and epoxy it on lid and epoxy a metal bit on the other side?

I received package you sent, thank you!

GBrown #8092

Not the vanity mirror that won't stay closed, but the visor it self tha keeps flopping down.

V63

Well if it helps you any...on my 84 both flop!

magnet trick on the mirror door and build up visor end stub (that fits at windsheild center)  with shrink wrap. With hope the material build up will hold it.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Glenn, I have a couple of Eldo/Seville ones. I know the gold one is a RH as I need a LH in gold. But I'll go out in the morning and check on what color the "other" one is. BW
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville