News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

57 to 60 Eldorado Broughams

Started by SK903, June 10, 2017, 05:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SK903

Does anyone know how many from each year are still on the road? While searching the internet it seems that there are a lot of Broughams sitting just waiting to be restored.
2012 BMW 535I
1961 Eldorado Biarritz

Wolfgang

I believe that there are 43   1959 Broughams left, not sure how many are still running. I own #26.

Wolf
Wolfgang Kupka

Currently own; 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham #26
                         1957 Chevrolet BelAir Convertible

m-mman

For any type of car "how many are still ON THE ROAD" is a pretty dubious number. 
Sometimes people also ask 'how many still exist'? Again pretty meaningless numbers as there are too many variables.

A shabby car sitting in a yard under a tree that hasnt run in 5-10 years but would fire with a battery can be compared to a 100 point restored show car that has been sitting in a museum for 5-10 years because they both need about the same amount of work to "get it back on the road".

Same thing with a car that has not been registered for 5-10 years (so it LEGALLY cant be on the road) but the owner starts it every 3-4 months and warms it up in the driveway is not actually 'on the road'.

How many still exist? Again the number is always distorted by trying to define a 'car'. Restored? Original or parts car? How about one what has been disassembled down to the bare frame and ALL the parts are stashed in boxes? is it still a car?

Tell us more. What motivates you to ask?
1929 341B Town Sedan
1971 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner ambulance
Other non-Cadillac cars
Near Los Angeles, California

CLC #29634

V63

For 57-8, my guess...50% survival is pretty close.

We have #483 that still has all it's original air suspension...its interior is near perfect original white leather. I havnt seen a better all original interior to date. 32k miles...not driven since 1971. It's exhaust system is even original.

Originally a black car, prior owner (since 1970) was going to repaint and never completed. This car has interesting history of upper GM VIP ownership. Delivery was to Detroit branch 'driveway', $4 delivery charge. Outlet code FAC (factory). Notice too @ a significant price reduction $8,700

This car is actually 'available', with request I could post in FS column.

Roger Zimmermann

Very nice interior indeed! Mine (#230) is mostly original, but not se perfect.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101