News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1983 Eldorado convertible

Started by D.Smith, June 14, 2017, 02:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Smith

Not my car.  Just a lead on a pretty car.   
Looks to be a Hess & Eisenhardt conversion of a base car, not a Biarritz like ASC did the next year.

1983 Cadillac Eldorado convertible - $8900 (Rutland, VT)

https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/6175910285.html

1983 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible in good condition, no rust, runs good, custom exhaust.
Summer's here - time to enjoy the ride.  89K miles.
Reply to: mvxss-6175910285@sale.craigslist.org

V63

I have a 1984 H&E and the roof is cut off higher on the rear 1/4 by several inches?

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Makes a nice change from red/white color combinations always seen on the 84/85 convertibles and the regular leather interior is another nice touch too.

A very unique Eldorado conversion.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

smokuspollutus

Cool! Another H&E car that for some reason got Biarritz moldings and kept the base interior. I have not seen a Hess car with a Biarritz interior. This one also had a Biarritz badge on the trunk that the silver car in question did not have. Here is one I found back in 2015, which I assumed someone added the moldings to. It also had a Bose radio which you couldn't get on an ASC car.

I think the cuts in the body look different because of the moldings.

smokuspollutus

Oops, my mistake. Not a Hess and Eisenhardt car at all! It is missing the top control switch and has the standard Eldo window controls. Wonder where it came from.

Genuine factory issue (3rd Gen) Eldo convertibles (EL67) were manufactured in 84/85 only, interior was Biarritz only and conversion work performed by American Sunroof Corporation (ASC) in CA. They were not H & E.

These cars are probably H & E Conversions.

smokuspollutus

True. But the silver car isn't an H&E. Hess put a small toggle switch in the space next to the radio knob, originally that was a little unused window but in 1983 it would have been cut into the "wood" part. This car doesn't have that.

And I thought I had this! A "real" H&E Biarritz I spotted for sale a while back.

Here is a shot of the H&E unique window control that the silver car is missing. You would think they would have just used the Seville setup, but I guess not.

Identification/distinguishing characteristics between various (aftermarket) coachbuilders is beyond my pay grade.

As to the Biarritz "spear" trim - I suspect it was used to hide some of the body work where alterations had taken place.

JerRita

I have an H and E touring suspension conversion, tag on driver's door. Mine has the standard seats [no pillow tops] and the rear windows don't go all the way down like the red car has. Padded lined top and Classic Cadillac grill JeRita 
Jerry and Rita Trapani #15725 Caddymaniacs