News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1967 eldorado side louvers

Started by NORTHPORTGUY, June 12, 2017, 01:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NORTHPORTGUY

at a car show yday was speaking to the owner if the above car. a wonderful black/black example.   Question arose: aside from looking very cool what function do these louvers perform  (if any)  Can one of you please  provide a clue  and if any maintenance is needed.     

thanks

Ken Wiebke
member 23013

James Landi

If you're referring to the ones on the rear inside fender, I had a 67 Eldo, and if memory serves (sold the car in '85), they connected to air intake to the cabin.  I think there was a blower motor and heater element for rear window defrosting on the shelf behind the rear passenger seat. I believe they functioned that way.  (by the way, the '67 Eldorado was fun to drive)

Glen

From the 67 shop manual.  It shows the louvers simply vent the trunk and in turn the cabin of the car. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104