News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Insurance question??

Started by Bob Hoffmann CLC#96, June 13, 2017, 06:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Does any insurance company offer a stated value policy for a daily driver, driven less than 7500 miles per year. Hagarty does not.
Thanks, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Eldo66

American Collectors offers a "Freedom Tier" of up to 7,500 mi/yr.  While it states that they do not want daily driver cars, I'm not sure how their underwriters make that determination.  Here is their website:

http://americancollectors.com/plans/collector-vehicles/qualifications/

Regards,
P. Nesbitt
1966 Eldorado - Flamenco Red with bucket seats

Andrew Wall CLC#10638

Bob,

I think the daily driver issue is often a "nudge and a wink"  State Farm went around the issue when I was with them (I have not been for 5+ years)  I've had to have a primary driver, with low mileage alternates.  It has been ok.  There is no way a primary driver will be insured at "historic rates"

TJ Hopland

When I have searched I have never come up with anything.   The annoying thing is no one would even give a quote.  I was not expecting $100 per year but no one even offered a $10,000 per year either.  You would think everyone would at least throw out a number but nope they won't even do that.   
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Matt CLC#18621

Thanks for the reference.

I just received a tremendous quote for my 2001 Eldorado Sport Coupe.

Matt CLC# 18621

76eldo

Grundy claims to offer insurance for everyday drivers as well as collectors on their TV commercials.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Guys,
Thanks for all the responses. I'm not looking for a cheaper rate, just more coverage as in a stated value policy.  I'm willing to pay for it. The catch is that is my daily driver & an almost new car.  I'll contact the companies suggested.
Thanks again, Bob

Art Director

Believe it or not, my 1963 Sedan de Ville has an agreed value with the insurance company of about $55,000. I was required to send them photos and restoration receipts in order to prove how much I had put into the car's restoration before they would insure that higher value. Not sure if that applies to the original poster, but the car was insured for only $13,500 before it caught fire and was restored. The extra premium isn't that much for the higher value.
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Quote from: 76eldo on June 14, 2017, 10:46:14 PM
Grundy claims to offer insurance for everyday drivers as well as collectors on their TV commercials.

Brian
I called Grundy. They're working up a stated value quote for my three  collector cars AND the newer daily driver. Let's see what happens.
Bob

Highwayman68

One more for you to look at. I have two cars covered under this and I set the value I wanted the coverage for.

http://www.anpac.com/classic-car-insurance/
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

Andrew Wall CLC#10638

Bob,

Any conclusions?

Andrew Wall