News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac Series 62 Carter AFB carburetor installation questions / pictures

Started by cadillacjoe59, June 15, 2017, 04:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillacjoe59

Finally going to get my 59 back on the road after it sitting for many, many years. Pulled the carb to rebuild and discovered it was one off of a 65 Caddy. Its the Carter AFB. Since it wasn't the original carb and missing the entire choke assembly decided to buy one online and swap out.

The questions I have is does anyone have any pictures of original Carter AFB carburetor installations on 59's? I have a 3/8" thick spacer that was under the carb which I believe is required as the ounting nuts will run out of threads without the spacer installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cadillacjoe59

Quote from: cadillacjoe59 on June 15, 2017, 04:43:05 PM
Finally going to get my 59 back on the road after it sitting for many, many years. Pulled the carb to rebuild and discovered it was one off of a 65 Caddy. Its the Carter AFB. Since it wasn't the original carb and missing the entire choke assembly decided to buy one on line and swap out.

The questions I have is does anyone have any pictures of original Carter AFB carburetor installations on 59's? I have several different style gaskets that go between carb base, insulator (Spacer) and manifold, but not 100% sure which to install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

62 driver

Manifold, gasket, Bakelite spacer, gasket, stainless steel shim, afb Carb.
Dave Schneider,  CLC #27889

fishnjim

Check in the service manual and parts list.   There might be a period Carter installation manual, I have for rebuild.   My '59 manifold is for tripower.
Not sure on '59 but based on my '58 w/ AFB, I'd say "62 driver" is about right. 

MY 59

62 driver is on the money. Is there anything specific you need to know ? Happy to help
David Bone :)

1959 Cadillac Sedan Deville
1967 (aussie) ZA ford Fairlane