News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

For Sale 1937 LaSalle Convertible Coupe Model 37-5067

Started by EMarysiuk, June 16, 2017, 07:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMarysiuk

1937 LaSalle 2 Door Convertible Coupe with a 322 Cu. In. V-8 engine, 124 inch wheel base, model 37-50, style 37-5067 recently appraised at $80,000 US which we believe to be high. Please see the thread below.

The exterior paint color is Italian cream with the interior leather seats and panels upholstered with English Connolly leather. This car was fully restored a number of years ago and has been in storage. Rebuilt engine in excellent condition, brakes & suspension in excellent condition and has recently had a tune up. The interior shows no aging or wear. This car is located in Western Canada.

At time of original restoration this LaSalle won second place at the Grand National Seattle show 1994 and car of the year for the Alberta Pioneer Car Club 1994.

Custom made 24 foot TPD California fiber glass trailer with work bench and winch available as well.

See attachments for pictures

Please contact for more information

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I suggest you post the location of the car, what state/province  it's titled in , a picture of the data plate & your asking price.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Steve Passmore

Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

Joeys1937

That's truly a beautiful coupe!! what is the asking price?
Second Generation CLC member!
1937 fleetwood four door convertible in the works!
1939 fleetwood four door 9033 body number 1!! V16

also looking for a 1937-39 Opera Coupe.

TonyZappone #2624

Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Jay Friedman

Potential Buyer: "How much to you want for it?"

Seller: "How much do you have"

Potential Buyer: "$$$$$"

Seller: "Why ain't that a coincidence!"
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

TonyZappone #2624

Again, for the life of me, I don't know why we let non-members avail themselves of this wonderful service of this great club.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv

Steve Passmore

Quote from: TonyZappone #2624 on June 22, 2017, 12:20:29 PM
Again, for the life of me, I don't know why we let non-members avail themselves of this wonderful service of this great club.

In some instance's I do see your point Tony, but there is another side to it. Most forums are open to the public once they register and a lot can be contributed by non-members. I am not a member for my own reasons but I like to think I have put in a lot more than I have taken out of this forum in the last 9 years.   It would be a sad day for me if a restriction to the forum for non-members was decided by your committee.  Hope the actions of a few don't spoil it for the rest of us.
Steve

Present
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

EMarysiuk

It is unfortunate you feel that way Tony. My late father was a member of the LaSalle club before his death and knowing the affection he had for the club I thought that the forum was a logical place to advertise his legacy car. We had thought that by posting on the LaSalle forum that the car could go to someone who had the same passion for it that he did.   
I sincerely hope that if you have family that they won’t  be left having to make decisions on the things that you valued.

Joann

sding

TonyZappone #2624

Indeed they will be making the decisions for the disposal of all my worldly goods.  They have been conveyed the values that I hold very dear, and will carry forward with them.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv

TonyZappone #2624

And, as long as we are still talking about it, how much is the car?
Tony Zappone, #2624
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv

Jay Friedman

Well, we know lots about the car, even that it's been appraised.  Appraised???  I thought appraisals resulted in a value, but no, this car has only been appraised as being in #1 condition.  Sounds like the appraisee was cheated by the appraisor, who either did not nor could not provide a value or, alternatively, decided to keep it a secret.  That's it--I got it--it's secret.  It's one of those situations where you only get the inside scoop on how much after you decide to buy it since, after all, if you have to ask you probably can't afford it.
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984

EMarysiuk

Jay

There are no secrets here and I would gladly private message you any information regarding the car as I have done for everyone else that inquired. As for the appraisal, a value was given and our family feels it is high and we have asked for feedback and open discussion from everyone I have communicated with.

Bobby B

From my experience, everyone has a general idea in their head of what they would like to get for the car, and if they don't, they also have a bottom line. Impossible to advertise a car without a starting point. That will turn a prospective buyer off more than a price that's way over-inflated. Just my opinion....
                Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

The Tassie Devil(le)

Sounds like the old saying, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it".

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Steve Passmore

I always find these appraisals blown out of proportion. They are always top of the market value and rarely achieved.      Maybe that's just to impress an owner or something but there is never any set value to an antique car.
There's the value if someone desperately needs to sell, way low, then there's the value if they have no intention of selling but someone else desperately wants to buy, way high.      Somewhere in the middle is the real market value but even that depends on the day and each potential buyers love for the car.

I have noticed even our auction houses here give a huge margin when they estimated a sell value.
If there's no demand one day it could flop, another day with a few people wanting it they sell above estimate.  In reality, there's just the absolute minimum you would take, then hope for as much above that as you can get depending on your buyer.
As I have the Cadillac version it will be interesting for me to know the true achievable value.
Steve

Present
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

Jay Friedman

The car is being advertised on the Cadillac & LaSalle Club online forum, almost all of whose participants are members of the club.  We either have one or more Cadillac or LaSalle, are between cars or may be new members looking to buy their first.  More often than not we are experienced buyers and sellers of old cars.  In the old car world, on the few occasions such as this when a car is offered for sale without an openly stated asking price, most of us immediately conclude, usually with good reason, that the unstated price (or price you must "inquire" about) is far more than the car is worth.  In addition, some of the more cynical among us may even conclude that the seller wants to play what used to be called "mind games" in order to inflate the price.  As such, our forum is probably the wrong place to advertise this very nice LaSalle.  Try Craigslist, Ebay or one of the many auction houses that specialize in old cars.
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984

Jay Friedman

Or maybe it is not intended that the car be sold at all, but that our collective expertise be used to provide a more realistic appraisal than the high value provided by the appraiser (that we are still not privy to) for some other purpose.  Is feedback and discussion what is wanted rather than a buyer?
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984

Carl Fielding

Dear E Marysiuk , thank you very much for expressing your late father's love for his club by extending the opportunity to continue his legacy with us. One of the most trying aspects in the grieving process is the disposition of possessions. I , as many people my age , have had to do this two times with parents worldly goods. Sifting through their lives , libraries, and mementos etc. is overwhelming at times. My heart goes out to you , and I offer my most sincere condolences in your time of irreplaceable loss.

My dear fellow club members and all forum participants: Steve Passmore , as always , is right on the mark. A fair price on this impressive , desireable LaSalle , will certainly be negotiated. Regardless of the sales posture of the seller , which we should all respect , particularly considering the circumstances. The current market conditions will ultimately determine the price. I highly recommend any interested party to follow up with with polite , serious , relevant questions, most likely , to the benefit of both parties , OFF LINE. Look : seller already recognizes the nature of optimistic appraisals. If you really do want the car , get up off it and don't end up sorry someone else got it. If you don't really have interest , but are merely being provocative, my dear friends , please , with dignity , butt , as they bluntly say , "OUT".

My gracefully aging original , unrestored save for the 1/2 century old repaint , 1924 Cadillac 7 passenger touring came to me after an uncharacteristically short 3 1/2 year search. In the intervening almost 30 years , I have not seen such a good deal as I got. To give you an idea of what this car is , regard : 1994 CLC G.N. Past Presidents Best Original - Early. And that was without me having the presence of mind to bring the superbly preserved , almost never used , complete set of original sidecurtains ! That was a tough category to both judge , and , win. Never again to be inflicted. You younger members might not remember the days before there was differentiation into narrower classes. I believe I have written some details about my road preparations for this turn key as purchased , ancient Cad. Understand the subject offering is older  now than the '24 was when I lucked into it. Certainly the survival rate for '37 LaSalles is vastly greater than that of '24 Cadillacs. The former would have been current state of the art vehicles on December 7th (My late mother turned 21 that day - she was a tough side arm toting WW2 Naval Officer , but I ended her military career - very different times) ; '24 Cads were dutifully turned into tanks , and because of the significant amount of aluminum in them , they were also reincarnated as aircraft components. Knowing who WE are in CLC , I don't think we will be too critical of the perhaps questionable patriotic sentiments of the few owners of old cars who did not do their duty. Oh can I ever ramble on ! I have gratefully received needed constructive criticism recently , to respect my readers and properly break at apropriate points to start new paragraphs. I can use any reality checks offered........... Thank you ! So :

The '24 came to me via an ad in Hemmings , to which , of necessity, I subscribed. I know we have members who have no personal experience with the pre-Internet hobby. A much more protracted, personal , but inefficient market. Again very different times. No price in the ad. No phone number. No address. My secretary typed out a letter on the Selectronic , and a stamp flew the missive off to R. Pierce c/o a P.O. Box in Ohio. A picture came with the return letter , I immediately fell deeply in love. It was more than I had hoped for ! Still no phone number , address , nor price. Back and forth went the letters a couple more times , at one point Ray Pierce (now I had a complete name) , confessed he had never written such a long letter about a car. I have a feeling he must well have written quite a few. Ultimately came a phone number , and when it became relevant , a home address. I should have also purchased his original 1930 brand X which begins with a "P" and ends with a "d" touring. But this was in pre-Northstar days , so my allegiance as a monomarquiac Cadillac nut was non-negotiable.

I flew back on my Thanksgiving vacation and bought my first Roaring '20s vehicle. It would have been a better deal at thrice the price of anything I had looked at previously. But it turned out to be not even TWICE the price of what I was thinking of spending initially. The old sweetheart tourer proved yet again , the immutable law of old car hunting. ALWAYS SPEND MORE MONEY THAN YOU HAVE BUDGETED AND GET THE VERY BEST EXAMPLE YOU CAN NOT QUITE AFFORD ! Because if you can not afford THAT one , you CERTAINLY can't afford the one at half the price. I respect no one more in the hobby , however , than the restorer who takes a slightly scarce neglected old car , particularly the humble 4 door sedan , and spends 4 times what he will ever be able to sell it for. Not to mention , if you amortize out his labor over the years of toil , he's been working at a rate of nine cents an hour. Hat's off and a deep bow to those who prefer working on them to driving them. Take on a project car at your peril if your preferences lean , as do mine , heavily towards the driving end of the of spectrum. I spent more money preparing this turn key parade car into a reliable long distance , transcontinental voyager , than the initial purchase price. Ditto the '27 Cad that most of the non Washington members are more familiar with.

Now then : it is obvious that it MAY be unlikely you even have to spend more than , say 10% over the purchase price to do whatever you think this car needs to meet your expectations. Hey ! It might only be the transport cost , and if you don't live in Sri Lanka , or Oman , or Katmandu , transport will be a lesser percentage yet. So regarding the seller as an individual you don't know : please allow great leeway and respect the parameters which are not yours to set. As I respected Ray Pierce's individual needs , I point out to you , a car like this does not pop up like mushrooms after the first Fall soaker. If you really want one , you must follow all leads. And who knows : you may have to sell yourself , just as seller is selling this lovely LaSalle. Get it or regret it. Best of luck to both buyer and seller.                               -   Your friend , Cadillac Carl