News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

HUMOR IN REPAIRING

Started by jaxops, June 17, 2017, 06:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaxops

I wanted to pass this on:  I was talking to my father yesterday about engine repairs and how we were fixing the hydraulic windows on his former 1949 Cadillac.  He said, "Don't fix it.  It works if you slam the door closed, but it fails when it is opened."  I replied, "that is like when I first got my 1970 Buick, where you had to slam the driver door to get the left headlight to come on."  So yes, we're fixing it. 
This is the same car he owned for 30 years and there are no hood hinges.....yes, I found a set and am having them put in.  I think I will spar-varnish his baseball bat he used to hold the hood up, and send it to him!  Unfortunately, I may still need it to hold the trunk opened.  Another repair left for the baseball bat to handle instead.
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

Barry M Wheeler #2189

The bat is by Fleetwood of course? Just like the cloth in my new ATS to wipe off the fingerprints from the highly polished black plastic.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

jaxops

1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA