News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New tires for '91 Coupe DeVille.

Started by J.C., June 19, 2017, 10:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.C.

Anybody know how thick the white stripe should be on the tires of a '91 Coupe DeVille?  Mine needs new tires and I want to get ones that look perfectly correct.  Pictures in the sales catalog look like the stipe is 3/4" thick...  Thanks!
2023 Genesis G80 Electrified
2023 Volvo V60 Recharge

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: J.C. on June 19, 2017, 10:04:13 AM
Anybody know how thick the white stripe should be on the tires of a '91 Coupe DeVille?  Mine needs new tires and I want to get ones that look perfectly correct.  Pictures in the sales catalog look like the stipe is 3/4" thick...  Thanks!

I concur with 3/4", if not slightly less.

OEM spec was often Uniroyal Tiger Paw all season for these cars, long discontinued like so many others.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

TJ Hopland

PDF page 38 in the 2017 CLC Judging manual says 1".

http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/resource/resmgr/judging/CLC_Judging_Manual_2017_V8.pdf

Guessing that isn't going to be easy in a 205 70 15.  I don't think that was ever a common size to have a white wall.   May be a custom job for someone like Diamond Back if you really want em. 

StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

If that's what the manual says, it is incorrect.

Never was 1" WW installed on any downsized FWD C body GM car.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute