News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1937 LaSalle battery cables

Started by DaveZ, June 20, 2017, 11:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveZ

So I added a new lady to the fleet. The PO changed it form positive ground to negative ground so he could put a larger output gen on it. So naturally me being the purist and not quite buying his reason want to put it back. My question is what was the pos ground cable or strap and where did it ground to? The 1932 ground strap goes right to the frame from the battery and the 1940 is the same way. My brothers 36 cad has a ground cable.

Regards and thanks!
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

Bill Ingler #7799

The master parts book shows ground for 37 as a strap part number 5270124 and is 12 inch long. Presuming the strap grounded to the frame, then look for a hole in the frame not over 12 inches from the positive battery post and bolt the grounding strap to the frame. Bill     

DaveZ

Thanks Bill. That is exactly what I needed. Will probably be very similar to the 40.
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B