News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Issue with Self Starter issues.

Started by yachtflame, June 23, 2017, 10:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yachtflame

I'm wondering if any other member is having trouble receiving issues of the Self Starter. I am a "Snow Bird" and live in MA during the summer and some place warm during the winter. I'm sure ther must be a few others that migrate also. I seem to get 1/2 to 2/3 of my issues. When I call and asks about this there are usually polite responces and issues are resent but it seems that I am single handedly making the organization go broke. I've offered to pay a second time for my lost issues but am grudgingly told that they will be sent at no extra cost but that this is taking a toll on the clubs finances.
Last March I received an email asking if I wanted my issues to be sent to my MA address starting in May as usual. I replied yes and thanked them very much for asking. I've been home since May 1 and still have not received my May issue or the June issue. I sent an email back to the same address the March inquiry came from but didn't hear anything back. I know I can get them on the internet but I'm old enough to still enjoy having the actual magazine in my hands. I keep all my issues in binders and do go back and read them again on occasion.
I guess I'll just have to live with only getting five or six issues a year. Just wanted to know if any one else has this problem.
Wayne
CLC #17057
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

chrisntam

I get mine, but I'm in one place.  Are they being all mailed to the same place or do they mail them to two different locations?

Are you missing other mail or the SS only?

P O Box or house?

Maybe a neighbor is a closet Cadillac fan?
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

The Tassie Devil(le)

They are coming down here to Australia at regular intervals.

Sounds like your postal employees aren't that good at delivering mail.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   Are you receiving bills in the mail?   Mine ALWAYS seem to come through.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

yachtflame

Yes, I get all of my other magazines and mail. I contact the othe mags. offices at the same time and things come through smoothly. No PO Box, just my office in St. Thomas and my house in MA. I'd just cancel the whole thing out of frustration but I enjoy being a member of this club.
Seems there is no solution, I'm just venting!
Wayne
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075