News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Just got a 1960 SdV 6 window. Hope to make it a daily driver

Started by nolacaddy1960, June 23, 2017, 12:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Young

Welcome , I have decoded your body tag from your firewall that you posted and first of all your car is not a Sedan DeVille. I know someone put that on at least one quarter panel but here goes your tag decode. Style 6229 is a Series 62 Six Window Sedan the more base model sedan. Body code K. Paint code 22 is Hampton Blue ( beautiful color ) and trim code 33 is Blue Cortina Cord cloth with blue vinyl bolsters. Exact duplicate interior trim cloth , vinyl and headliner is all available from SMS auto interiors , they are on the net. Your Accessories are E - EZ Eye Glass , H- Heater , K- Air Conditioner , X- Power Window Regulators , Y- 6 Way Front Seat Adjuster and S- Remote Control Trunk Lock. Your car may also be equipped with a Guide Matic Power Headlight Control on the top center of the dash Code-U , they never called that option out on the Body Tag. They built 26,824 of your body style in 1960 but your tag photo cuts off the numbers after FW- (which tells what Body number your car is) which stood for built at plant 18 the Fleetwood Plant in Detroit. Final assembly was done at Clark Avenue Plant Detroit. You have a well optioned Series 62 Sedan 6 window in a very pleasing color combination. To also answer an earlier question of yours Leather was not an option on your car in 1960 however Cadillac did accept special orders if the customer was willing to pay. A good Friend of mine had your exact car but in white with a black and white interior he bought it in 1971 with 12,000 miles on it and I was with him when he bought it and rode many miles in it , wonderful car. Also your cars VIN Number is located on the drivers door seperator from the rear door , it is on a white plastic tag and will start 60K and then a sequence of six number places . That is the number you need to register your car. Your engine is a 390 Cu. In. V8 325 Hp. Good Luck,I hope this helps.

nolacaddy1960

Thanks. Kind of bummed it's not a SDV.
   It does have the electronic eye headlights.   With all the options I figured it was likely a SDV.

Good info.   Ill post a better tag pic.  My title has the engine number.    Same on tag in door and frame, and block.

I do like the original blue.   Ill look into the original interior as well.  Stock with minimal safety upgrades is my goal.