News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

62 Door Wiring Boot

Started by Michael Scott, June 27, 2017, 03:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Scott

I am in search of a good set of 1962 Door Wiring Boots. Have not been able to find any reproduction pieces. My car is a Series 62 Convertible in case that makes a difference.
M Scott (215) 327-6141 cell
email   mscott@cwmeter.com

Dan LeBlanc

There is a chap in the 61/62 Owners Group in Australia working on reproducing them. They should be available soon. The group searched high and low to find an intact set for over a year to make this happen.

You can find the discussion at http://midcenturycadillacs.com
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Michael Scott

Thank you Dan. I appreciate your help!

The Tassie Devil(le)

Don't forget that most probably all of the large GM vehicles could have used the same part.

Chevrolet might have cheaper parts.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

62 driver

Only we wished! Unfortunately the 61-62 Cadillac were the only one that were the same. Dave
Dave Schneider,  CLC #27889

P. Manoogian

If yours are there, and just dry or cracked, you can make a respectable repair (until repros become available) using the following 3 products:

1.) Permatex ULTRA black silicone

2.) Black Silicone Tape (Auto Zone has it)

3.) Black Liquid Electrical Tape (Auto Zone has it)

You will be surprised at how respectable you can make an old dry cracked boot look.
1961 Eldorado - Shell Pearl/Mauve
1962 Corvette 327 - 250 HP Automatic Triple Black
1963 Impala SS Convertible - 283 Automatic Black Red Gut White Top
1965 Impala SS Coupe  - 502 Turbo 400 - Crocus Yellow
1974 Corvette L84 4spd Coupe - White / Black Leather

Michael Scott

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I'm new to the 62 Cadillac (Series 62) Convertible as I purchased the car in November 2016. Enjoying the rebuild thus far. Car has sat since 1994 with 78,000 on the odometer in non-climate controlled garage. It is pretty much complete but weathered. One repaint along the way. It would be easy to spend too much money for sure.... In process of full mechanical rebuild including engine, trans, diff pinion seal and all the normal front end bushing and worn out parts. Interior is not bad. I'm just trying to make a fun driver so I can take my grand-kids to get ice cream and make some memories. I told the wife it only needed some spark plugs and the car would fine......can't use that line any more

The Tassie Devil(le)

Well, you did have to pull the engine out to get to the spark plug that you accidentally dropped, and as you still couldn't find it, you had to clean up the area to really get in for a closer look. 8)

Maybe it is in the exhaust system?

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible