News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1970 cadillac pickup

Started by denis62, July 10, 2017, 08:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

denis62

Hi 67CaddyV !

Where ? when? who?
what color? pics ?

comme on, you tease me...details please . lol

thanx

7gen

What would be the purpose of a pickup back end with a Cadillac front (not a flower car)? Just something different?

I can't imagine the way that I use a pickup truck to be compatible with a low slung car. Throwing a deer into the back or taking feed out to a muddy pasture are not activities I associate with a luxury car. Maybe they were used for other things?

denis62

Not everybody uses a truck for the same thing.
I tow a vintage camper,old cars on flatbed, camping, car shows, automotive flea market.
This thing will out-tow most 1/2 ton or even 3/4 ton pickups;
has as good or better frame, more horse power than any truck from the same era.
and does it in style. Plus lots of room for gear in the bed.

I love old Cadillacs, vintage trucks and El Caminos; I consider it a bigger, better, grown up ElCamino.

Kids can have their Tonka trucks to play in the mud, dead animals and cow poop.

I am pretty happy with my Camino de Ville.

denis62

I am still trying to figure out if this is a Caribou build or not.
Anybody have anything? Own one, or picture of another one?

thanx again everyone.

TJ Hopland

Were there ever 4 doors shown in any of the builders catalogs?
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

35-709

None that I ever saw.

And Denis, I think you can be 90-95% sure that your car is a Caribou build and you may well have to be happy with that.   :)
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

dochawk

Quote from: 7gen on September 06, 2017, 12:16:47 PM
What would be the purpose of a pickup back end with a Cadillac front (not a flower car)? Just something different?

Personally, I've never understood the various Truckillacs.  For that matter, I've never understood El Caminos and Rancheros.

one of our members had an '80s brougham Truckillac; I think it was a post-accident conversion.  It took him months to sell.

I think the answer, though, is simply that they struck the fancy the owner.

personally, if I wanted a truck, I'd want a flat-out truck. 

But then, I don't understand trailer queens or Escalades, so . . .

hawk
1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)

gross707

Dennis Gage took a liking to mine at a recent event.
Gerald Ross

denis62

this is for DOCHAWK
i will try to explain it again;
      "Not everybody uses a truck for the same thing.
I tow a vintage camper,old cars on flatbed, camping, car shows, automotive flea market.
This thing will out-tow most 1/2 ton or even 3/4 ton pickups;
has as good or better frame, more horse power than any truck from the same era.
and does it in style. Plus lots of room for gear in the bed.

I love old Cadillacs, vintage trucks and El Caminos; I consider it a bigger, better, grown up ElCamino."

thought it was pretty clear and simple the first time.
If you still dont understand than stay away from this thread. I am trying to find information on a rare car, not opinions or your approval.
   What I dont understand is
people that think their opinion is soooo important that they HAVE to chime in and put other people down...but there you are.

And to everyone else thanx for your help.
  I might not like or "understand" what you drive but I dont make a point to tell you.

Caddyholic

Denis

I guess you read this post? http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=44909.0 The caribou designers Daughter chimed in as a guest. It could be a caribou prototype?
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville