News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Looking for steering wheel cover for '55 Eldorado. Leather, lace-up

Started by Stingraytom, July 12, 2017, 06:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stingraytom

Hi all,

I manage a 55 Eldorado convertible for a company in the Orlando area. It sits out in the sun on & off & I'd like to get a cover for the steering wheel to make it a bit less hot for the performers who drive it. I don't see much on the Interwebs for 18 inch wheels & hoped y'all had some ideas. Not looking for anything fancy. Dark grey leather. the lace-up style, not the wrap around style that's currently on it.

Any ideas for companies that make such covers would be greatly appreciated.

35-709

Give these folks a try --- used one of their lace up leather covers on my '73 while I had it.   http://wheelskins.com/ 

Other options can be found by Googling --- steering wheel covers
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

35-709

V63

A 55 is a rather large steering wheel diameter...I would check truck stops and see if they might have something?

An automotive version today might 'stretch' enough...but I doubt it.

Handle bar tape for bicycles might be an option? They are a padded 'wrap' you might have to had sew the end to the beginning as it's not a manufactured full 'loop'.

35-709

Wheelskins will make a leather steering wheel cover for any vehicle in any size and a myriad of colors --- all it takes is a phone call.  Here's one on an older Buick. 

I guess it is a commentary on today's society that someone makes a request here for information or advice, gets a response, and never another word is heard --- no thank you, no nothing.  I can take it, but I was brought up differently.

P W Allen CLC# 20193

You don't even have to call them. Just measure your wheel across in inches, pick your color, leather type ( I chose perforated), and it will be at your door in a few days. The camera flash doesn't do the color justice. It's a light green that matches my interior very well. High quality, easy to install.
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine