News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac Carpet Sizes

Started by 55 ledsled, July 18, 2017, 11:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

55 ledsled

Hello,
I have been working with "Automotive Interiors" to find a new carpet set for my 1955 Series 62 4 dr sedan and they are having difficulty figuring out what set works with the 4 door. Does anyone know if the 4 door Fleetwood would be the same as mine? I thought that the Fleetwood was the same car but had a bit longer trunk? Any help with this would be awesome!

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I just checked my 1950s Cadillac specs and both the 62 and 60S  for 1955 have the same leg room, front and back, so if your source has a pattern for sedans, they should both be the same.  These factoids are from Schneider's book, Automobile Heritage's Illustrated Guide to 1950 thru 1959 Cadillac. (46.3" rear/43.3" front.) I checked both 1955 and 1956 which had the same body shell. Good luck.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Bob Kielar

My upholster and I sent my original carpets to Acc carpet to get the correct pattern for my 55 Fleetwood. When he ordered out of the catalog they were wrong they took them back no problem. When we sent them the originals they came back perfect but we told them not to cut the dimmer switch so we could fit them in easier.

Keep Cruzin,
Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

55 ledsled

Thanks guys! I am going to go with the Fleetwood carpet for my 55 62 sedan.

jdemerson

Adam,

Please let us know how it works. I agree with Barry that it should work fine, but it will be good to have it confirmed.

I carefully checked data books and AMA spec reports for several different years between 1950 and1956. The interior dimensions were the same for Series 62 and for Fleetwood 60s.  This was a real surprise but that is how it turned out. For some  years the 60S showed a fractionally wider hip room in the back, but the dimensions were remarkably similar. The larger dimensions of the Fleetwood are all behind the rear seat back -- even though their wheelbases are considerably longer.

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac Sedan 6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn