News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1978 Eldorado Horn Pad Trim

Started by manxie, July 20, 2017, 02:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxie

Hi folks. Does anyone know where I can get the trim that goes across the top of the horn pad, on the steering wheel, for my 78 Eldorado. It`s the Biarritz Custom Classic model which means it`s wood effect. Thank you.
78 Eldorado Biarritz Custom Classic

jagbuxx #12944

There is a reproduction being made of that piece. For 77-78 models. Can't recall the vendor but a google search should direct you
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

manxie

Thanks for that. I have found a reproduction one on eBay but looking at the pictures, the finish on it doesn`t look stock? If anyone has any other ideas I`d appreciate them. Thanks  ;)

D.Smith

It is a low demand item so only one company is reproducing them.  That style wheel was used in 77 & 78 only and across all models so I m sure they use a faux wood that is not specific to one model, but is close enough to work in all. 

So that's pretty much your choice.  The repro that isn't quite spot on, a used one from Ebay, repair yours, or search the ends of the earth for an NOS one.

manxie

Done a temporary repair to mine, until one turns up??? Strange though, it`s as if the steering wheel has got bigger or the trim has shrunk as it doesn`t fit anymore??  ???