News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Wiper cable 1956

Started by rocket52, August 01, 2017, 05:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocket52

Help...

I got me a rebuild wipermotor for my 1956 Cadillac Sedan de Ville.

But don't know how i have to connect the wiperswitch cable to the wipermotor.
I connected it as shown on the picture. But now I can't stop the Wiper because it doesn't push back the slide to shut it off.

Am I missing a part or did I connect it the wrong way ?

Thank you !

J. Gomez

Quote from: rocket52 on August 01, 2017, 05:32:44 PM
Help...

I got me a rebuild wipermotor for my 1956 Cadillac Sedan de Ville.

But don't know how i have to connect the wiperswitch cable to the wipermotor.
I connected it as shown on the picture. But now I can't stop the Wiper because it doesn't push back the slide to shut it off.

Am I missing a part or did I connect it the wrong way ?

Thank you !

It looks to be correct the coordinator slides in the wiper control and the cable opens the coordinator metal tab to operate the wipers via the small washer and the tip of the cable presses against the wiper control to stop.

Although from the angle of the picture the coordinator tab shows to have a slight bend should be perpendicular to the mounting pillar and just a small gap between the coordinator tab and the wiper control.  The attach picture show in the full open position on both.

HTH
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

rocket52

Thank you Gomez. I'm gonna check that.

Could it be also the problem that the little washer at the tip of the cable is loose? (As shown on the next picture I posted)
Or is it only the tip of the cable that presse against the Wiper control to stop ?

Kind regards from Holland !

Everhard

The Tassie Devil(le)

The washer is supposed to be loose.

The tip presses and the washer pulls.   It was easier to do it this way so that the pulling motion wouldn't pull the tip through the diecast fitting.

Bruce. >:D

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

rocket52

Roger Zimmermann

You may have to adjust the position of the cable assembly to allow the tip of the wire to push the wiper control further.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101