News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1983 Seville AC belt removan

Started by georgie49, August 04, 2017, 05:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgie49

I am attempting to replace the power steering pump on my 4.1 liter engine.  I am having trouble removing the AC belt in preparation for pulling the power steering pump pulley.  I have backed off the tensioning bolt and loosened the bracket bolt on top like the manual shows but the AC will not budge.  What am I overlooking?  I seem to remember having this problem several years ago when I replaced the water pump but can't remember how I overcame it. George Bergen

TJ Hopland

Bottom bolt?   Is there a rear support?
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

georgie49

That's what I suspect as it must rotate about something, but a rear support bolt is not mentioned in any of my manuals and I have looked all over and under it with a shop light and can't find it.

smokuspollutus

The lower bolt is not that obvious in its location, follow the metal vacuum line that runs across the front of the engine and you will come across it.