News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

AC problem on '81 Seville

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, August 08, 2017, 10:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

As some of you know, I gave up shortly after crossing our county line headed for the GN in our '81 Seville and went back home to transfer to our modern car. As near as I can tell, when I slowed down the unit seemed as if it wanted to slip over into heat mode but not all the way. In other words, I was still getting some cooling from the vents, but definitely some warmer air as well.

Then, upon acceleration, the cool air kicked in again. I haven't had a chance to check my trouble shooting manual as yet or go out to the car again, but while I was on the Forum, I thought I'd post this and see if any of you experts have some thoughts or suggestions.

My decision turned out to be the correct one as about thirty miles out of Richmond we were stopped for well over an hour due to an accident and that wouldn't have helped the situation any in an older car, even with a new water pump and radiator.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Bob Schuman

Barry,
Is the compressor belt tight enough. or possibly oily?
Bob Schuman
Bob Schuman, CLC#254
2017 CT6-unsatisfactory (repurchased by GM)
2023 XT5

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Boy, that would be great if that is all it is. I'll check later on today.  I do have a new belt as well that my mechanic said I didn't need yet. Thanks, Bob. Barry
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville