News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1955 Throttle return spring and Wiring Harness

Started by Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373, August 20, 2017, 07:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

I do not have a throttle return spring. Would someone please post a couple of pictures of what yours looks like? If you have dimensions, etc I would appreciate that too. I have not found one that I am sure is right. Rochester single carb.

I am going to run a couple of lines to the rear of the car. Where does the wiring harness run? Left side, center, right side? The less I have to remove to find it the better.
Thanks.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

55 ledsled

I will try and snap a few photos on my 55 and get them to you. Any other photos you need? There isn't much for a wire harness...it's like 2 wires and they run down the drivers side. If you pull up the door threshold covers, slide the carpet over and there is yet another steel cover that unscrews which your wires run under on both drivers door and the drivers passenger door.
If you want a spring or any other parts that are reasonable, call this guy in Chicago. He has more parts than I have ever seen for all years. He does not text so you have to call him. His name is Rick 312-607-9417

55 ledsled

Here ya go

Bob Kielar

Here are some dimensions of the spring in my 55 not sure if it's the "correct" one but the judges did not ding me at grand nationals and it works fine. Also the diameter of the spring coils are .5950 remember it's 61 years old so round it up or down as with the other measurements in the pictures.
    As far as the wiring goes I agree with led sled. I would like to add that the wires go up the wheel well inside the car and into the trunk. From there they go to the tail lights inside the trunk two of them go thru grommets in the back of the trunk for the license plate plate lights. If the car has a/c there will be wires for the blowers and also the rear speaker. Check the manual to see how many wires you need to run.

Keep Cruzin,
Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Thanks guys. That is Exactly what I was looking for. I wasn't sure where it attached but see now. I am missing what looks to be a pin that the spring attaches to on the carb. Somebody put a screw in there and had a cheap spring on it but they had it pulling foreward keeping the throttle wide open. I see where it attaches to the bracket on the firewall too. I see that it will also have to have the long straight portion to clear every thing as well. I will see if I can do find one here and then try Rick.
No comments on the lack of paint in my picture. My son likes the petena...... it is killing me but oh well.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille