News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

latest 4.6 Northstar mods & ECU tech?

Started by CadVetteStang, August 31, 2017, 01:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CadVetteStang

New here and looking for new tech and affordable performance mods for the 2000-2003 4.6 northstar engines and ECU mods. All of the information I'm finding online is years old. I'd like to have the ECU in my 02 Eldorado ESC reprogrammed for a performance tune that at least includes removal of the speed limit governor and the ability to chang differential gear ratios.
I don't want nitrous, but I would like to bolt on the 4.4 Northstar intake and supercharger.
I'd also like to have the ECU handle a bigger throttle body and cold air ram air intake.
As of 3 years ago, no cams were available and I'd have to pay Cadillac Hotrod Fabricators $1,000 to custom grind the one set of blanks that they had in stock (they don't work with the 2000 up motors).
I enjoy the low end torque, throttle response and MPGs of the Y-motor so swapping heads and cam to get a 9-motor is NOT an option.
The Y's characteristics and the non-electronic suspension of the cars they were used in is why I chose an ESC for my autocross build.
Thanks in advance,
Cody
Current: 02 Eldorado ESC [autocross suspension/ 18" Mustang Bullitt wheels, 14" rotors, C5 Vette calipers (under construction)] "Battlecar Cadillactica II"

Former: 82 Eldorado (engine swap TBI injected 472 on stock 4 speed trans. 16" Trans Am wheels, rear racing springs)  "Cadinator"

1st car: 70 Eldorado ( SCCA autocross in 1987/88 stock class) " Battlecar Cadillactica"