News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1992 Eldorado TOURING COUPE !!!

Started by Carl Fielding, September 04, 2017, 02:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Fielding

Los Angeles Craigslist under " 1992 Cadillac Eldorado 60K Miles Mint!!! ". If you know what these Cadillacs are , you will also know that an always garage kept one in this condition with an asking price of $3900 is about a half price offering. Only year they didn't drop a troublesome Northstar and a 4T80E in this performance package. I would get it myself if not for various serious reasons not to do so. Do not sit on the fence. If you can get this car and do not , someday you will regret it. If you like to drive , GET THIS ONE YEAR ONLY MASTERPIECE.  - Cadillac Carl

Rich S

Is this the ad?

https://palmsprings.craigslist.org/cto/d/1992-cadillac-eldorado-60k/6288755985.html

The ad states "Special Edition" and it looks, by the colors (Dark Sapphire Blue and Neutral Shale Leather) and the emblems on the bodyside molding (that is labeled "E-L-D-O-R-A-D-O" rather than "T-O-U-R-I-N-G C-O-U-P-E") that this car is the rare, "America's Cup" edition for 1992. Either way, it is a beautiful automobile, and surely one of Cadillac's collectibles! I doubt many of these were built, or survive in such fine condition. Cadillac made "America's Cup" editions available on Eldorados for the 1987 and 1992 model years to commemorate the America's Cup yachting event. In 1992, there was only one combination of colors (interior/exterior) and it featured the special emblems on the bodyside moldings, too, and the wood console of the Touring Coupe editions, but the leather was not highly gathered in sew-style, such as in the Touring Coupe interiors of 1992 and 1993. In my opinion, these are the most collectible of the '92 Cadillac models.
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I recall a dark blue "Stars and Stripes" Edition of the Eldorado for 1992 but as far as I am aware the America's Cup Edition was 1986.

I also noticed it has body colored grille which did not appear until 1993 Touring Coupe but being a special edition might explain that.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

gkhashem

Glad it is not near me. I would grab this one for 3800.00!

Also the 4.9L engine makes it too.  I would put a new oil pan gasket on and also the transmission and oil cooler lines. This assumes it is like my 1991 which at 30000 miles were leaking.

After that no leaks. Same color as my car and love the interior.
1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

Rich S

Eric, you're right, it was called the "Stars and Stripes" edition, and the ad at the following link will tie the name given together with Cadillac's sponsorship of the America's Cup yachting event--apparently why the special edition existed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM4sMBpKuiI

The video ad also shows the special body colored grill, and the beauty of this particular model of Eldorado. In some ways, Cadillac did this sort of thing again in 2013 with my CTS Coupe "Stealth Blue Special Edition," as it has a special body color and a special grill, among other features.
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe