News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Wanted: Rear door glass for 1955 Cadillac Miller hearse

Started by Snaggletrout, September 12, 2017, 05:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snaggletrout

I've just acquired a 1955 Cadi6 hearse by Miller with everything  except the rear door glass. If anyone knows of one for sale or a way to fabricate one. I would sure appreciate  a note. THANKS!
K Franklin

russ austin

Take the other door glass to a glass shop, and they can cut a new piece of glass to fit.
R.Austin

m-mman

I suspect that he is referring to the rear "station wagon" door. This would be curved tempered glass and NOT able to be cut by a glass shop.
I am not certain if it is a Miller exclusive window  :( or general commercial chassis.  :) If so then it would open up your search target.

In the world of professional cars GLASS is one of the rarest most irreplaceable parts. An old hearse/ambulance with the windows broken out can quickly become a parts car no matter how nice the rest of it is.
Good luck in your search.
1929 341B Town Sedan
1971 Miller-Meteor Lifeliner ambulance
Other non-Cadillac cars
Near Los Angeles, California

CLC #29634