News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

air bnb for classic cars?

Started by James Landi, September 18, 2017, 01:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Landi

How about this for a consideration?

View in browser
Hagerty. For people who love cars.
Hagerty. For people who love cars.
LOVE CARS? YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE THIS!

At Hagerty, we believe there's nothing better than getting behind the wheel of an amazing car â€" our ultimate goal is to connect people to the cars they love. That's why we're proud to introduce DriveShare by Hagerty â€" the only peer-to-peer enthusiast car rental platform in the U.S. Think Airbnb for collector vehicles.

As a valued Hagerty Plus member we wanted you to be among the first to know.

DriveShare is a unique community where car owners and pre-screened, highly qualified renters come together to share the experience of driving incredible cars.

With DriveShare, enthusiasts have access to a virtual garage of the world's best cars. Whether you're traveling and don't want a boring, cookie-cutter rental or you just want to experience something new and different, DriveShare is your answer.

As an owner, it's also a great way to generate some additional income to offset ownership expenses or justify a new purchase. Owners are in full control over the entire rental process â€" price, mileage, deposit and more. DriveShare thoroughly screens potential renters and provides insurance and roadside assistance during the rental period.

For more information, to see what cars are available in your area to rent, or to list your car, check out DriveShare by Hagerty today!

Bentley

I posted on this topic a while back. I don't get it. Who would rent out their restored classic car? Not me.
Wes Bentley
CLC # 30183

chrisntam

Quote from: Bentley on September 18, 2017, 03:13:58 PM
I posted on this topic a while back. I don't get it. Who would rent out their restored classic car? Not me.

Nor me.

I think it's because we're emotionally attached to them.  Others, like car dealers or those just turning cars may not be.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Chas

Listen........I LIKE all you guys.......but you're not touching any of my cars!!!!!
1967 Coupe DeVille
1970 Coupe DeVille
1976 Coupe DeVille
1983 Coupe DeVille
1977 Harley Cafe Racer
1991 Harley Fat Boy
1957 Harley Hardtail
1949 Lusse Bumper Car
If you're 25 years old and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you're 45 years old and not a conservative, you have no money!

James Landi

Perhaps for the "right $$$$??????????????????????"

How about driving a 1981 DeLorean for $880 a day, or taking a spin in a 1967 Pontiac GTO for $215?

In its effort to get a slice of the mushrooming car-sharing revolution as well as build interest in historic cars among a generation raised on Uber, an auto insurance agency announced this week that it's getting into the business.

Hagerty, a Michigan-based insurer that specializes in classic cars, is going to jump-start its entry through its purchase of Classics&Exotics, which it is renaming DriveShare.

Several hundred cars ranging from a vintage Ford Model A to a new Lamborghini Aventador are going to be available in dozens of U.S. cities, the agency says. Hagerty said each one will be vetted by its experts to ensure a trouble-free experience. Those interested in renting the cars need to be at least age 30. And they need be aware that they're driving someone's baby.

"Our main focus is building out of the 'trust engine,'" says Hagerty CEO McKeel Hagerty, whose family company started out insuring wooden boats and graduated to vintage automobiles. He expects the selection of cars to grow as current insurance customers get wind of the service.

"The equation is a reputable car on one side, owned by someone who'd like to make some extra money and share the vehicle they love. And on the other, a thoughtful driver who is careful and curious about what these amazing machines are all about," he said.