News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Red courtesy lights in doors

Started by 60kaddydaddy, September 28, 2017, 06:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

60kaddydaddy

Are the round red courtesy lights in all 4 doors standard for a 1960 fleetwood. If so how do the lenses come off.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

If they look like they belong and fit in the upholstery correctly, I would imagine that they are original. Especially if they are the same as the front ones. Cadillac would make provision for the rear passengers to have a lighted entry and also have the red lens to caution drivers behind the car that the door is open. That is a given on such an expensive model.

I just pulled out my 1960s book and found "A distinctive new safety provision for 1960 is the round, red, reflective lens on each lower door panel to alert drivers approaching from the rear at night." Do they light up? If they do not, and are just "reflective" I would leave them alone. This is a quote from the sales manual or data book.

I noted that there is a round "white" lens on the lesser models at the front of each front door.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

60kaddydaddy

Thanks I just noticed that they are just reflectors