News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Fender skirt removal

Started by 60kaddydaddy, September 30, 2017, 02:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60kaddydaddy

How do you remove the fender skirts?

chrisntam

What year car?

On my '70, there is a "lever" or a "bar" that is somewhat spring-loaded that, when the skirt is installed, it sits atop a ledge just above the top of the skirt.  When you "unhook" the lever, it pivots another piece that actually holds the skirt in place.  When pivoted down, it "releases" the skirt.

Your's prolly is different, since it's 10 yrs earlier.  I assume you are asking about a '60 since your screen name has 60 in it.

Can you look up under there and see how it connects?  Or are there instructions in the owner's manual?

Someone with a '60 will chime in to tell you how it's done...

chris.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

On a 60 either use either the lug wrench tool in trunk or vise grips to twist the knob counterclockwise (~ 1/4 turn) to release the rod then pull it downward. Hold onto the skirt while doing this. After the rod is lowered, tip the top of the skirt out then you'll see how it's hooked on with the lower brackets.

Pretty easy.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

EAM 17806

Quote from: 60kaddydaddy on September 30, 2017, 02:38:37 PM
How do you remove the fender skirts?
Why is it you refuse to state the year of the car you are asking about???  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Dan LeBlanc

It's in his profile name - no refusal that I see
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

chrisntam

Quote from: Dan LeBlanc on September 30, 2017, 08:44:09 PM
It's in his profile name - no refusal that I see

Maybe that's the year he became a father?

;)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Dan LeBlanc

He's got a 60 Fleetwood he picked up recently ;)

Maybe I remember too many details
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car