News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

jugeing

Started by don berg, October 19, 2017, 07:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don berg

I have a 1941 Cadillac that has been judged very high but I have not showed it in a few years. this week I toke the cover of and I saw some small pimples in the paint in all areas on the car. It is alot more then I like. I can not afford a new paint job right now so I would like to know how many points would they take away at a Cadillac show ?  Thanks Don

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

I think you can get a pretty good idea by looking at the "Judging Manual"
on pages 45-46.  Deductions can be made for each panel (door, trunk fender, etc.)
that does not appear "as new" up to -4 points per panel.

The book can be found on this website under the "Technical" tab.

Without seeing your car, I would hesitate to make any statement about points.
Bill Anderson is the man to ask if you need more information on this.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Paul Phillips

Don
Part of the answer comes from the new judging manual. There are specific scoring sheets and guidelines for each area of the car. Another part is how much the condition is degraded and on which panels.

You can view the Judging Manual at http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/resource/resmgr/judging/CLC_Judging_Manual_2017_V8.pdf. Look at Appendix D in particular.

Paint condition can be a deduction for multiple exterior areas: hood & cowl, roof, front fenders, rear quarters, front doors, rear doors, trunk, etc. If the problem is in all these areas, then it will be deducted in each areas. If it is only in certain areas, then they are the ones to get hit. The deduct is between 1-4 points in each of these areas, depending on the level of defect.  The degree of defect is evaluated for each area.

If your issue is minor, it may only be one point in each affected area.  If it is bad, then plan on up to 4 points per area. Your deducts are added up, then divided by 560 to put on a 100 point scale.

Sorry for the complexity of the answer.

Paul
Paul Phillips CLC#27214
1941 60 Special (6019S)
1949 60 Special (6069X)
1937 Packard Super 8 Convertible Victoria
1910 Oakland Model 24 Runabout

cadillacmike68

Quote from: don berg on October 19, 2017, 07:47:56 PM
I have a 1941 Cadillac that has been judged very high but I have not showed it in a few years. this week I toke the cover of and I saw some small pimples in the paint in all areas on the car. It is alot more then I like. I can not afford a new paint job right now so I would like to know how many points would they take away at a Cadillac show ?  Thanks Don

Toke? exactly what are you toking on?  :P
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

The Tassie Devil(le)

Must have big fingers and little keys on the keyboard, like me.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

don berg

Sorry Cadillacmike if you could not understand what I was saying . Did not proof read it first.

don berg

Thanks to all with the help !    Don