News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

57 Biarritz abandoned in a Texas Tractor Supply parking lot

Started by 57eldoking, December 18, 2017, 02:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: Bob Hoffmann CLC#96 on December 19, 2017, 09:26:10 PM
Bruce,
....... I guess if you have a valuable collector car.. you don't let it totaled ???   Bob
Or don't claim on Insurance.   Or, don't fully sign it off to the Insurance Company, as once you do, it is their vehicle and they can do with it however they like.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on December 19, 2017, 06:08:44 PM
Have to love a society where a governmental body that has never seen, touched, sat in, started, ridden or driven "x car" yet has the right to effectively condemn said vehicle from lawfully being operated on a public roadway for all eternity.

I also know someone whose car was flood-branded for simply having been registered in a so-called flood zone without the car ever having seen a drop of water.

That's not how it works. Or at least not how it is supposed to work. Your friend is omitting information. And it's its not the govt, it is the insurance companies, and the same goes for Salvage / Total Loss damages.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

TC

Quote from: Bob Hoffmann CLC#96 on December 19, 2017, 09:26:10 PM
Bruce,
In this country... first came the "salvage" title. Then came the NON repairable title. Usually applied to total burns & other obviously non repairable vehicles. The non repairable "flood" cars is relatively new. Maybe those cars have to be shipped out of the country?? I guess if you have a valuable collector car.. you don't let it totaled ???
Bob

My thought too. Going overseas if its a non-rep salvage.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on December 25, 2017, 11:58:24 PM

That's not how it works. Or at least not how it is supposed to work. Your friend is omitting information. And it's its not the govt, it is the insurance companies, and the same goes for Salvage / Total Loss damages.

The insurance company supplies the information used by the state government which has the final say on whether the car may be operated on public roadways.

The statement was made a car dealer regarding his personal vehicle. I'm sure he of all people is well aware of the branding status of his vehicle.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

bcroe

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le)
Or don't claim on Insurance.   Or, don't fully sign it off to
the Insurance Company, as once you do, it is their vehicle
and they can do with it however they like.   Bruce. 

That is what happens here; no insurance/claims on damage
to my cars.  Has saved me a fortune in collision insurance, far
more than replacement cost of another car of this level.  If
something happens, I decide what to do and get it done at
my expense. 

Already had one nice car badly damaged by the youngest
lady here, surely  a total by insurance standards.  I got it
repaired and she drove it all through college, at considerable
distance.  Saved me a lot of grief searching for another one
and adding all my custom features.  Bruce Roe

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on December 26, 2017, 09:23:11 AM
The insurance company supplies the information used by the state government which has the final say on whether the car may be operated on public roadways.

The statement was made a car dealer regarding his personal vehicle. I'm sure he of all people is well aware of the branding status of his vehicle.

If the insurance co doesn't notify the state, then the state DMV or whatever they call themselves won't brand a car title. Your friend's car must have been branded before he bought it. If a car title research is performed, I'm sure this whole truth will come to light.

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Mike...the car in question had been purchased new by a man who also happens to be a used vehicle dealer in the state of New Jersey.

Needless to say he was extremely upset the value of his vehicle had been damaged by the negative history now recorded in the databases of any of these fine "car history" reporting sites. 

Nobody is saying the vehicle cannot be operated in this particular case. That is a different matter.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute