News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

TO BE A FLEETWOOD OR NOT TO BE A FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Started by nysdarkblue, December 23, 2017, 06:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nysdarkblue

Hi, first, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! Just curious, I joined the Fleetwood/ Fleetwood Brougham Charter a few months ago and I have had no reply from anyone in regards to at least a hello, welcome to the Club. All info was given especially my email. Could it be by any chance my car is a BROUGHAM and not a Fleetwood or a Fleetwood Brougham? Could anyone have any info for me. Thanks!
Bill Estes
1990 Cadillac Brougham
2008 Cadillac DTS
2015 SRX

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Bill, there wouldn't have been that fine a distinction between models. Believe me, generally all the chapters want as many members as possible. Very likely, you may have reached someone who is simply not responding to requests at present. Is there any phone # connected to the chapter?

I did want to respond to let you know that we don't "ignore" questions like yours. Be patient, it is a holiday weekend, and it may take until Tuesday for someone to check in with an answer. Merry Christmas, Barry Wheeler, Past National President.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

nysdarkblue

Hi Barry, thank you for your response. I didn't think so, but there was when I was a member of the 5 LTR CHAPTER, before its demise, where it was the 1987 - 1992 5.0 and 5.7 Broughams. Again, Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Bill Estes
1990 Cadillac Brougham
2008 Cadillac DTS
2015 SRX

Cape Cod Fleetwood

There's a Fleetwood Brougham club/charter/chapter? Details please...
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

There had once been a 5.0 Liter Chapter which recognized Cadillac Broughams equipped with engines of that displacement.

From 1987 to 1992, "Fleetwood" nameplate was not used for the full size RWD model, which was simply identified as "Brougham" during this time frame.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

76Caddy

I too inquired about joining the Fleetwood chapter earlier this year and as of yet have not heard from anyone either.  I just assumed it didn't get enough members to join and disbanded.
Tim Plummer
CLC #18948
1967 Eldorado
1976 Brougham
1976 Seville
2019 XT5
1969 Chevy c/10 pickup
1971 Chevy Impala

cadillacmike68

??? I didn't know there was such a chapter.

IMO the ALL the RW Sixty Special (or 60 Special), Fleetwood 60 Special, Fleetwood Brougham, Fleetwood 60 Special Brougham, Brougham, Fleetwood (1993-96) and Fleetwood Brougham (same 4 yrs) are all direct descendants of the original 60 Special from the late 30s. And we all miss them. I've had 3 over the years and still have one.

But NOT the FWDs which IMO are apologist cars because Cadillac was too embarrassed to admit that they made a strategic faux pas in naming those cars as such. ditto for the "Fleetwood Limited". Again a fine car, but???
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Generally I prefer RWD Cadillacs but I admit to having a soft spot for FWD Fleetwood models 1989-1993 (called "60 Special in 1993). Interiors were very nicely appointed with genuine wood trim that was beautifully finished plus fender skirts which further heightened the classic Cadillac looks of the past. Fleetwood also available in a two-door model until 1991.

Drivelines used throughout this generation had excellent reliability and did much to re-establish the Cadillac name after the HT4100 debacle.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Series75

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on December 24, 2017, 01:44:56 PM
??? I didn't know there was such a chapter.

IMO the ALL the RW Sixty Special (or 60 Special), Fleetwood 60 Special, Fleetwood Brougham, Fleetwood 60 Special Brougham, Brougham, Fleetwood (1993-96) and Fleetwood Brougham (same 4 yrs) are all direct descendants of the original 60 Special from the late 30s. And we all miss them. I've had 3 over the years and still have one.

But NOT the FWDs which IMO are apologist cars because Cadillac was too embarrassed to admit that they made a strategic faux pas in naming those cars as such. ditto for the "Fleetwood Limited". Again a fine car, but???

The 98 99 Fleetwood Limiteds are very fine examples of Fleetwood styling at its best.   Having owned quite a few I will mention without question, the "faux pas" is generally on behalf of the viewer of the car.   Very rarely do people recognize the unique quarter panels, tulip panel and extended wheelbase.   Most folks just think there is a vinyl roof and rear window plug.  As in Fleetwoods of the fifties, extended decks with extra luggage space, extended wheelbase with added rear leg room were Fleetwood hallmarks.   No comparison to the 1996 Brougham I purchased new.   Nice car but the Chevy motor was disappointing and the lack of any intelligence in the computer read outs was equivalent to Cadillacs of 10 years prior.

nysdarkblue

the chapter is located below the region list with other chapters.
Bill Estes
1990 Cadillac Brougham
2008 Cadillac DTS
2015 SRX