News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1987 Glovebox

Started by robailey, January 08, 2018, 11:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robailey

Am interested in buying the glove box mechanism that is used to keep the glove box closed  for a 1987 Sedan Deville. Any idea's as to where might find one.
Rob Ailey
Seymour, TN

1975 Coupe Deville
1987 Fleetwood Sixty Special
2014 XTS

Barry M Wheeler #2189

You should be able to find such easily on eBay. Even if you don't, find a listing that has parts from the same car and is obviously from a junk yard, and see if they still have the donor car. Or, check your yellow pages for local junk yards. Nashville, Chattanooga, or Memphis all should have several local yards and the car is popular enough that you should be able to come up with the part you need. FWD Cadillacs from 1985-93 should all have the same latch I would think. If you call local yards, DO NOT mention that your car is the Fleetwood. Ask for one from a Coupe/Sedan de Ville.

Just to brag a bit, I was loaned such a car as yours during my first year as Club President at the Grand National in Seattle in 1987. I didn't drive it much because of Seattle traffic. Such a "perk" never caught on for subsequent meets or for any of my successors. Also included in the perks was a complimentary suite at the host hotel. Now, we're "just one of the guys" and pay our own way, like everyone else. (Oh, I almost forgot. I was also loaned a mint 1976 Fleetwood at the Carson City meet by one of the local members. I believe it was waiting in the airport parking lot in Las Vegas for the drive to Carson City.)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

If referring to the latch/lock, it should interchange with any FWD DeVille/Fleetwood 1985-1993. Ideally, you'll also want the door key if concerned about being able to lock the glovebox. A locksmith may be able make a key if not available.

I doubt most sellers will be interested in breaking up the lock from the door so you will probably have to buy the entire glovebox door assembly.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

robailey

Thank you so much. I will start looking tomorrow.
Rob Ailey
Seymour, TN

1975 Coupe Deville
1987 Fleetwood Sixty Special
2014 XTS

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Look in 1988 Cadillac parts on eBay. There is a door with latch for sale.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville