News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

76 Eldorado hood stripe specs

Started by tc76ldovert, January 21, 2018, 06:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc76ldovert

I would like to add white hood accent stripes to my 76 Eldorado and can't find any info on the width of each stripe and or if they are two thin lines top and bottom as well as the actual termination point top and bottom.
Thanks,
Tom

35-709

The hood stripe thickness was part of the responses to your question on this subject in the Technical/Authenticity forum on January 14th, was it not?

http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=148222.0

"Tom,
The Color & Upholstery selector has a sample of the pin stripe. The wider band is 3/32" followed by 1/4" space and a 1/32" fine line.
HTH,
Ralph"
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

35-709

You might also find this helpful from Tom Hall back in 2007

"From the 1976 Salesmans Merchandising Guide:

The De Ville dElegance and Eldorado styling themes are enhanced by dual paint stripes.  Dual Eldorado accent stripes are located next to the upper and lower crease lines of the beveled edges of the hood. The upper stripes end at the hood rear edge. The lower stripes extend all the way back to the rear edge of the door....  The accent stripes are available in eight colors... The owner selects...at no extra charge....  He can also delete the accent stripes if he desires."
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

tc76ldovert

Thanks for your assistance. I thought I asked this before but didn't search correctly for that initial request. This is a project Mr. Badwrench can tackle.
Thanks,
Tom