News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1940 cadillac under seat floor seals/gasket

Started by Percy, January 22, 2018, 02:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

Hello All,

Does anyone make replacement seals for the two holes, one on D/S and one on P/S, in the floor that I assume were used when you had floor heaters.
My car did not come with the heater option just the holes and metal bolt on covers. Need the seals that go between.

Thanks,
Percy

Tom Boehm

http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=148306.0
Hello, I had the same situation with my 1940 Lasalle. It is not a seal but just the body sound insulation on the floor that goes between the floor and the plate. This is a tarpaper/asphalt like material with a waffle pattern. It covers large areas of the floor and the cover plate goes on top of it. Then there is another piece that goes on top of the plate. I answered a similar question yesterday and I included a link to it. I named two sources for this material. Was the original floor insulation in your car when you got it? I might be able to send you a diagram of where it goes.

Tom Boehm

Also, the body insulation does not cover the hole, it ends at the edge of the hole.

Percy

Thanks Tom,

I'll look into the Mark II material. I was really hoping for a pre-cut gasket but I should have known better for a car this old. Looks like I'll re-use the old one or make one out of the material you suggested.

-Percy