News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1977 Eldorado Drive Axle Boots - new info

Started by Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963, January 04, 2005, 06:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963

Hi everyone!

Well it is snowing here in beautiful Colorado!  And I have had more work done on the Eldo.

I reported sometime ago that the drive axle boots kept tearing under normal usage.  Most of you thought this was odd but we tended to lay it on poor third party replacement parts.  

As it turns out, in my situation at least, the problem was in the springs and shocks.  Apparently, while the springs are still fairly good, the shocks were dead but you could not tell since they looked fine, and the car rode well.
But when dropped, they fell apart.  This weakness caused excessive stress on the axles.  I have had the shocks and springs replaces....boy does she ride nicely now!!  It was hard to tell before but the difference is very noticable.

If you are having problems with the axle boots...check your springs and shocks.  They could be the source of your problem!