News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Proposed Modified Chapter website is up

Started by Michael Stamps 19507, January 25, 2005, 11:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Stamps 19507

I have the basic website up for us.  The link to it is here:

http://www.modifiedcadillac.org TARGET=_blank>www.modifiedcadillac.org

There is a basic forum for use by all and I hope to have a pictures upload section by this weekend.

Thanks and feel free to join us.

Stampie

Peter H.Luft / rple to Mike

Mike....Nice site....a lot of work Im sure............Nice job, wishing you the best of luck...............couldnt figure out how to leave a nice message on your site.........but computer stuff is always smarter than me...........The 64 Eldo Guy.

Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963

Looks great, Stampie!  I love the avatar too!  I will start preparing pictures and such to upload per your email.  Great Job!

David #19063

Hey Stampie,

Looks great!

David

Peter H.Luft / 64 Eldos Rule

Hey Mike..........Figured out how to say THANKS on your site, again congrats, peter

Michael Stamps 19507

Thanks everyone,
  I just posted some features of the forum over there to help everyone out.

Stampie

Michael Stamps 19507

I just got the pictures section done.  You can view others pictures or upload your own for others to view.  You can get to them from the http://www.modifiedcadillac.org TARGET=_blank>www.modifiedcadillac.org home page.

Thanks,
Stampie

Porter CLC # pending

http://www.modifiedcadillac.org TARGET=_blank>www.modifiedcadillac.org

Check out the pictures and post some of your own, start an album.

Porter

Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963

Been there ... done that!!!  I ran afoul of the limits hehehehehehe but I got at least one of each of my cars up there.  I can restructure the jpgs to be smaller for the web but other than that...hope you all enjoy!

Porter CLC # pending

You can see your 85 Eldo next to my CDV in Maine on my picture album.

Sart your own album, (on Stampie)

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Randy,

Hang on, arent there to be "no limits" with modifying, ha ha.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Michael Stamps 19507

I just doubled the max size allowd on the uploads.  It is now set at 2mb.  Let me know if it needs to be larger.

Stampie

Porter CLC # pending

I will have to take that up with the webmeister, aka Stampie Fin, tell me he doesnt like shark fins, maybe Bill Mitchell had a hand in on the fins, he created the Mako Shark Corvette, used the fins on the 1960 Cadillac.

Porter CLC # pending

Some guys just cant leave well enough alone, in this case there is no factory warranty to be voided so we can "modify" and improve it, just like some of our old cars, improve their driveability.

Maybe even make it a "little" faster or look a little nicer, hard to improve a Cadillac masterpiece in the styling department, Harley Earl and Bill Mitchell ensured that, they were designing and building custom cars for production.

Porter

Michael Stamps 19507

Sorry guys but I misunderstood you.  Both of you had hit your limit on files already uploaded.  I remember seeing that number last night and forgot to make it larger.  Each user now has 10mb total space to upload pictures.  I left the upload size at 2mb for larger pictures if needed.  Let me know if you need more than 10mb.

Stampie

Porter CLC # pending

I dont think anybody needs 500 MBs though, only 500 cubes under the hood, give or take a few thousands over.

Porter, twin 429s for now

Michael Stamps 19507

Since the current website is using only 1.5percent of our allowed diskspace I just make the pictures section unlimited for all users.  That may change in the future.

Thanks,
Stampie

George Woodford clc21025

Mike, this is a great idea.  I am no longer able to access the CLC Website at work, because of the increased firewall protection due to security reasons.  I joined the CLC due to the CLC Message Board, but now I have to walk to the nearby library once or twice a week to review the messages.

Mike #19861

Was there today.

Bummer! I cant access the Pictures gallery now on any 3 of my browsers. And on top of that, I cant access anything in the forum now either!

But, just before this all happened, I saw Stampies post on the problems he was having with the gallery. Ill just wait and keep trying.

Mike

Michael Stamps 19507

Yea Porter messed it all up for us.  Its being worked on now.

Stampie