News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Back-up Lights

Started by Sid, January 29, 2005, 09:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sid

Hi, I have a 77 deville and one of my back-up lights is burnt out. Im 16 so Im not experienced in cars, neither is my dad. Today we tried to figure out how to replace the bulbs but we had no luck. We didnt know exactly how to get to it. I know this question is hard to answer. Does anyone know what i need to take apart to change the bulbs?

Thanks, Sid

Rhino 21150

Look in the trunk right behind the backup light. There may be a cover over the back of the light fixture. Move it out of the way. The lamp sockets should be quite obvious. My Olds from 76 has metal sockets that just pry loose. If you cant see the backs, look on the lens outside the car for small screws, probably phillips head. Be careful not to damage any gaskets when you remove lenses! In either event the bulb is pushed in then twists counter clockwise.

Greg

Open trunk remove long screw above lamp assembly remove assembly, unscrew lamp socket from assembly replace bulb

good luck