News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Slow response times

Started by Jeff Hansen #4225, February 01, 2005, 02:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Hansen #4225

Hello all,

Youve probably noticed incredibly long load times for the Forum in the last several hours or possibly longer.

I just got off of the phone with our ISP and they have located the problem (not us!) and they are in the process of correcting it as I type this (2:08 PM Eastern time in the US).  Response times should come back to normal very shortly.  

I apologize for any inconvience this slow down may have caused.

Jeff Hansen
CLC co-Webmaster

Mike #19861

Im back in now! This morning, I could not get in at all. I tried three browsers that I use and none of them would work.

Mike

Jeff Hansen #4225

There was a runaway process on the server eating up all of the resources.  It was preventing anyone from getting in.  It wasnt caused by the Forum or any of us.  The ISP has put limitiations around that process so the problem shouldnt (so they say!) reoccur.

I didnt realize there was a problem until I tried to access the Forum about 1:30 PM.

Jeff