News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Bruce Reynolds

Started by George, March 21, 2005, 01:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

Hey Bruce, Do you drive on the left hand side in Tazzy? I know the Ozzies do. If you do how do you get headlights to go the right way.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday George,

Well, funny you should ask that, but, as we are the Second State in Australia, yes, we drive on the Left side of the road, and sit on the Right side of the car, as most people in the Brittish Iles do.

Now, as for the headlights, to get them to go the right way, we place them on the front of the vehicles, and drive in the direction they are facing.   If the road is illuminated to the side, then we are probably going around a corner, or have lost control.

Yes, Tasmania is a part of Australia, but the bit of water called Bass Strait that separates us from the Mainland helps to keep us sane, and free from riff-raff.

As far as the headlights go if we import a car from a Left Hand Drive country, we replace the headlights with lights that "dip-to-the-left".   That is a very small part of the conversion to RHD if the vehicle has to be converted to RHD, that is, any vehicle newer than 30 years old.

Hope this helps.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV (RHD)

George

Hi Bruce.
We have a similar situation here, except after a few cold ones, then the car goes wherever it wants.
The reason I ask is.. I have just got a 75 Eldorado, and the lights are small rectangular 6x4 inch. I cant get conversions  here in the UK. Can these be obtained in Tazzy... if so can you tell me where?

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

By George,

Those rectangular lights over here are VERY expensive, as they werent used on many cars.

I take it that yours are seald beams.

I will ask around, and see what the other guys use.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Ivan Zanatta

I think those odd shaped sealed beams were used on late model Toranas (Aussie) and some of those strange French cars, Renault, peugot.

George

Yes, some Euro cars did use these lights, but Lucas Electrical have discontinued them.
I would prefer non sealed beam if possible.
Sure would appreciate any help.

Steve Crum

Since the sealed beams were engineered in Detroit located near the top of the globe, wouldnt your headlights technically be upside down at your locale? (at the bottom of the globe). The reflectors are designed to keep the light beam deflected downward and forward are they not? The solution may be as simple as turning your sealed beams upside down. This may explain why you see more koala bears in the trees than roos in the road.

(scritch,scritch, I gotta start gittin more sleep)