News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

94 seville-rough shift

Started by brian rachlin, June 27, 2005, 10:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian rachlin

Hi,

On my 94 Seville, it bangs going into drive and reverse, although the idle does not seem overly high.  I pulled some trouble codes from the ecm, current 76 and current 86.

A local trans shop that I have dealt with said that there is a pressure valve in the valve body that breaks and causes the problem, so I need to decide between the local trans shop or the dealer to fix it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian

David #19063

Brian,

A lot of times, dealers subcontract out trans repairs like that.

The questions are:

Who would be more qualified and skilled in repairing the trans?

The dealer or a shop that specializes in repairing transmissions?

Do you know of a reputable trans shop?  

Ask your friends.  

Also call the BBB and specifically ask about issues with each trans shop you are considering.

One way I look at specialty repairs like eating out...

If you want a lot of choices, go to a Dennys or a Country Kitchen Buffet.  Lot of food to chose from, breakfast, lunch, dinner, but average quality if you are lucky, and truely nothing excellent.

Hoever...

If you want good steak or prime rib, go to a steakhouse.

If you want great fish or crab, go to a seafood restaurant.

So, if you want good trans work done, go to a place that works on transmissions day in and day out, hundreds a month...not a dealer who may work on 1 or 2 a month.

Just my opinion.

David

Brian Rachlin

This is almost unbelievable...

I decided to take the car to the Trans Shop, and I am SO glad I did.

I dropped off the car, and fully expected to have to replace some part or sensor and if I was lucky, end up with a $300-$400.00 expense.

All that was wrong was an electrical connector that was loose because the clip broke somehow, and the plug got loose, and the connection oxidized.  They cleaned the connector, re-connected it, and the problem and service engine light went away.

They were honest, helpful, friendly, and really saved me some money.  This shop is in Bensalem, Pa, which is near Phila, just in case anyone needs a referral.

Thanks,

Brian

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Brian,

Good to hear a nice story.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
609 CDV