News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1967 DeVille light switch

Started by Jeff Williams, September 05, 2005, 06:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Williams

Does anyone have any advice on how to remove a headlamp switch from a 1967 DeVille?  My maintenance manual shows the switch but provides no instructions on how to remove it.  I have a new one but honestly cannot determine how it is affixed in the car.  I have removed the long rod that is the switch controller using the release mechanism on the back of the switch.  Is it threaded on and do I simply rotate it counterclockwise?  The switch in the car is the original one and there may be some rust but I do not want to force it if this is not the way to remove it.  Any advice will be appreciated.

Mike #19861

There is usually a nut that holds the switch to the dash. it is actually the chrome ring that you see when viewing the switch from the outside. Rotate that and the switch should come out.

Mike

Doug Houston

Lets see if I can add something here. Look carefully at the hole that the operating rod came out of. It should be hexagonal. Im sure that they were still using this design then. Get an Allen wrench that fits the hex hole and unscrew that nut that holds the switch. The switch will fall away in back. I assume that you have the battery disconnected before you do this!