News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

late 30s cadillac distributor condenser

Started by david waters, September 08, 2005, 02:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david waters

i have a 1928 cadillac v-8 with a later 30s (i think) cadillac distributor , single points....
the condenser is not functioning correctly and im wondering what number rating it is suppose to be to replace....the condensers apparently have numbers like a .2 or .3 . can anyone help me to determine what type to put into the distributor? thanks. this is the last item holding me up from driving this car.
dave waters.

John Washburn

David,

Condensers (sometimes called capaciators) for these years are not listed by rating (the rating is mfd, such as mfd 38).

The best I could do was find the Delco number for the mid thirties which is: 1869705.

But you might trying using a later condenser, since from 1937 to 1950 they were the same.

Ive got a 31 LaSalle sitting in may garage if you want me to take a look to see if it has any numbers. This is somewhat easy since they mounted on the outside of the generator for dual point systems.

Oh, Charles H. Selick lists points and condensers in his catalog of 1928-33 Cad and LaSalle parts. You might want to give him a call. 732+842-4575. He helped me out.

Good Luck

John Washburn
CLC #1067