News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1951 cadillac model 75 jump seats

Started by bill nicholson, April 29, 2006, 05:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill nicholson

My jump seats in my limo are extremely close to the rear seat, in fact so close that my rear passengers have no room for their feet. Is ther an adjustment to give my rear passengers leg room.

Bill
                           412-600-1644

Justin Vierling

Good evening sir.. I seen you had the same car as I do. I have had my 51 series 75 since I was 15. I have been looking for about 10 years for a set of 1/4's for the car. Have any extra? and leads on a good place to find series 75 parts? Thanks Justin Vierling St Paul Mn.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Quote from: bill nicholson on April 29, 2006, 05:44:02 PM
My jump seats in my limo are extremely close to the rear seat, in fact so close that my rear passengers have no room for their feet. Is ther an adjustment to give my rear passengers leg room.

Bill
                          412-600-1644
Hi, As I recall the installation of the auxilary seats, there would be no room for any adjustment due to the need to make the seats solidly connected to the floor. I can think of no reason why there would have been any alteration of the floor insert to do so. Is there any evidence of cutting the carpet, or making alterations in the area of the floor where the seat assemblies go in?  ??? ???
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Quote from: Barry Wheeler on April 30, 2007, 08:17:05 AM
Quote from: bill nicholson on April 29, 2006, 05:44:02 PM

Bill
                          412-600-1644
Hi, As I recall the installation of the auxilary seats, there would be no room for any adjustment due to the need to make the seats solidly connected to the floor. I can think of no reason why there would have been any alteration of the floor insert to do so. Is there any evidence of cutting the carpet, or making alterations in the area of the floor where the seat assemblies go in?  ??? ??? I looked in my "Cadillacs of the Fifties" book after going back upstairs, and the 1953 75 shows the seats up. There really isn't a whole lot of room in the stock picture, so I think you will simply have to live with it, or get shorter friends. Of course, if this is one of your kids, I won't suggest you toss them out...
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville